Suggested companies for publishing poetry

Discussion and links regarding potentially problematic publishers, agents, writing contests, etc.

Moderators: RedBaron, itsjoanne, RedBaron, itsjoanne, RedBaron, itsjoanne

Shann

Re: Suggested companies for publishing poetry

Post by Shann »

I think it is legitimate but fairly expensive. Here's a good article about vanity presses in general. I think it is quite similar to another publishing company we both know. You might be able to get a decent deal from GIH. Teehee.

https://blog.reedsy.com/scams-and-publi ... -to-avoid/

The BBB only has one complaint from Covenant House in the last 3 years.
https://www.bbb.org/us/sc/murrells-inle ... complaints

I did my kid's book through CreateSpace (I think it's Kindle Publishing now) for free in 2013. It sold about 300 copies. Amy did the formatting for me, which would be the hardest part for me.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child
RedBaron

Post by RedBaron »

I had thought about telling him about that one :D , but honestly, not sure it's a good fit for him.
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

"...hunt like a spider..." Cori - FW Con '07
Jackalyn
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by Jackalyn »

I will be forever grateful to the person who edited Firedance for me so I could publish on Lulu.com There is no need to use the poetry book option. I have used them ever since. My Mum also published her poetry that way. Unless you want a publisher who pays you then I cannot see why anyone needs to pay. That is, to have the book published. Distribution is a different matter. Formatting is easier if you download a template and stick to the rules of no more than three and preferably two styles. Getting a few repeat proofs until you are happy is cheaper than giving a file that cannot be changed to a publishing company that charges you.

Return to “Forewarned is Forearmed”