The Weekly Writing Challenge

Learn more about the Platinum Membership Benefits

Moderators: mikeedwards, beaedwards, RedBaron, mikeedwards, beaedwards, RedBaron, mikeedwards, beaedwards, RedBaron

Deb Porter
FaithWriters and Site Admin

The Weekly Writing Challenge

Post by Deb Porter »

The FaithWriters' Weekly Writing Challenge is a lot of fun, while also being a great tool to help members hone their skills by writing to topic, deadline and word count.

The Challenge is open to all Platinum (500) and Gold members, and is too good to miss.

The top ten entries each week will be included in an anthology for the theme of that quarter, and each year the 40 first place Editor's Choice winners will be in the running for the annual Best of the Best awards (announced 1st July).

For more information about the Challenge visit this link:

http://www.faithwriters.com/writing-challenge-intro.php

And make sure you catch up on all the latest Challenge buzz here in the Challenge forum on the Message Boards:

http://www.faithwriters.com/Boards/phpB ... x.php?c=12
Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator
Breath of Fresh Air Press

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

klebak018
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by klebak018 »

Um, question!

I just signed up to be a platinum member, and it says that it could take up to 24 hours to activate. However, I have a story I wrote for this week's challenge and if it takes the full 24 hours to process, I will miss the "feelings" challenge. And trust...feelings are a challenge for me. But anyway, paypal said the transaction went through. Should I just keep checking back to see if I'm a Platinum 500 member yet? Can I assume it will go through before the deadline and topic changes?

Thanks a bunch!
Kaylee Bake

A face without freckles is like a sky without stars.

"I do know my own mind...The trouble is, my mind changes and then I have to get aquainted with it all over again." -Anne Shirley (From L.M. Montgomery's "Anne of the Island")
Deb Porter

Post by Deb Porter »

Kaylee, I'll contact Scott and hopefully he'll get notification from PayPal in time for you to enter.

Keep checking to see if you can submit. As soon as you see that platinum 500 next to your name on your articles or any feedback you leave (not your Challenge entries), you'll know you're right to go.

Hopefully Scott will be able to turn your account on before entries close.

Love, Deb
Deb

klebak018
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by klebak018 »

Thank you very much :D I'll keep looking.

It's good to be back. Maybe now that my student days are over (for now), I can focus more on the writing that I actually enjoy.
Kaylee Bake

A face without freckles is like a sky without stars.

"I do know my own mind...The trouble is, my mind changes and then I have to get aquainted with it all over again." -Anne Shirley (From L.M. Montgomery's "Anne of the Island")
Deb Porter

Post by Deb Porter »

Really good to see you back too, Kaylee. :mrgreen:

Love, Deb
Deb

Deb Porter

Post by Deb Porter »

Kaylee, Scott hasn't received the notice from PayPal yet, but he's activated it in good faith. So you should be right to submit now.

Love, Deb
Deb

oznoel
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Re: The Weekly Writing Challenge

Post by oznoel »

I've been puzzled by my inability to submit my entry for this week, as the invitation to become a Gold or Platinum member has flashed onto the screen with no way past it. The puzzle is that I've been a Platinum member for months, with my past payment by direct debit still valid, although I just noticed that my latest comments on entries have not had the shaded 500 rectangle beside my name.

I apologise for raising this publicly, but I did not know where else to raise it, and I'm keen to stay active within FaithWriters.

Noel Mitaxa
God has blessed us with a grownup family of four and three grandchildren, so life is full. My weekly newspaper columns seek to encourage unchurched people to explore God's love, so they may discover the difference he can make for them - and through them.
RedBaron

Re: The Weekly Writing Challenge

Post by RedBaron »

Drop Scott a note here http://www.faithwriters.com/corp-contact.php
He'll look into it for you.
oznoel wrote:I've been puzzled by my inability to submit my entry for this week, as the invitation to become a Gold or Platinum member has flashed onto the screen with no way past it. The puzzle is that I've been a Platinum member for months, with my past payment by direct debit still valid, although I just noticed that my latest comments on entries have not had the shaded 500 rectangle beside my name.

I apologise for raising this publicly, but I did not know where else to raise it, and I'm keen to stay active within FaithWriters.

Noel Mitaxa
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

"...hunt like a spider..." Cori - FW Con '07

Return to “Platinum Member Perks & Benefits”