Is there a 9th place???

All the facts about the Challenge and special announcements from the Coordinator.

Moderators: RedBaron, itsjoanne, RedBaron, itsjoanne, RedBaron, itsjoanne

WritingBallerina
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Is there a 9th place???

Post by WritingBallerina »

Hello,
I just recently became a "Gold" member and wrote and submitted my first "Challenge" article last week. The winners were announced already and I wasn't one of them. However, I am confused by a comment someone left me yesterday: they gave me a "congratulations" for being "9th" place for level one.
Can someone explain that to me? The only rating I've seen by the judges are for 1rst, 2nd, 3rd places, "Highly Commended", and "Editors Choices". Was this person giving me her own personal rating or something? If anyone could clarify to me what "9th" means, I'd appreciate it!

Thanks so much!
Sheri
OldManRivers
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)

Re: Is there a 9th place???

Post by OldManRivers »

Each week there are two "winners" list. Check the messages board In Weekly Challenge with the title Highest Rankings for ________________ .
May God's gentle grace be with you.

Jim McWhinnie
Deb Porter
FaithWriters and Site Admin
FaithWriters and Site Admin

Post by Deb Porter »

Hi Sheri.

You definitely did come 9th in Level 1. As Jim said, we have a special extra list of highest rankings, just to give a little more encouragement to those who came quite close. Here's the list for the Century/Centuries Challenge:

http://www.faithwriters.com/Boards/phpB ... 55&t=32652

Just keep an eye out on the message boards in this section:

http://www.faithwriters.com/Boards/phpB ... m.php?f=55

The highest rankings are usually posted about 8 to 12 hours after the winners are announced.

If you have a Facebook account, it can be helpful to like FaithWriters there because I also post a message as soon as the highest rankings have been posted.

Love, Deb
Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator
Breath of Fresh Air Press

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

WritingBallerina
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by WritingBallerina »

Thank you both so much! That was cool to find out I actually did place "9th". It was just the encouragement I needed to try again:).
Have a great weekend!

Sheri

Return to “Rules, Ratings, Judges and Official Info”