Writing Challenge Feedback Reports and Rating Categories

All the facts about the Challenge and special announcements from the Coordinator.

Moderators: RedBaron, itsjoanne, RedBaron, itsjoanne, RedBaron, itsjoanne

Vonnie
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Re: Writing Challenge Feedback Reports and Rating Categories

Post by Vonnie »

Deb, Would you suggest that I get a feedback report if I placed in the top 20 overall? I won 2nd and 3rd place in my level my last two entries, but not in the top 10 (EC). I am anxious to get a report, but don't want to waste them either. God bless! LaVonne
Deb Porter
FaithWriters and Site Admin

Post by Deb Porter »

Vonnie, you've got 3 per quarter, so it's up to you. It won't hurt. The only time you can't is if you place in the EC.
Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator
Breath of Fresh Air Press

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

wdraus
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by wdraus »

Deb,

I recently upgraded my membership to Platinum in order to take advantage of the feedback reports for the writing challenge. Best decision ever, well worth the cost. The only way a novice like me can ever hope to grow is with this valuable feedback.

I recently asked for a report and it was so helpful. I don't have a printer where I am staying at the moment but great practice for me to re-write the challenge without the need for a hard copy.

:thankssign

Wanda
Deb Porter

Post by Deb Porter »

wdraus wrote:I recently upgraded my membership to Platinum in order to take advantage of the feedback reports for the writing challenge. Best decision ever, well worth the cost. The only way a novice like me can ever hope to grow is with this valuable feedback.
So glad it was helpful, Wanda. :D I agree, it is the very best way to make the most out of the Challenge experience. The hardest part is overcoming the natural desire to avoid being hurt. Once a person gets past that and understands this is all part of improving their skills, it's pure gold. Since starting the reports last quarter, I've seen a big difference in quite a few people who have requested them. That makes it very satisfying for me. :superhappy

Love, Deb
Deb

Shann

Post by Shann »

Deb Porter wrote:WRITING CHALLENGE RATINGS FEEDBACK REPORTS

2. Each Platinum member will be able to request up to TWO reports during each quarter of the Challenge.
I wanted to check if it was two or three times per quarter. I want to give those who ask the right information. Thanks.
Deb Porter wrote:Vonnie, you've got 3 per quarter, so it's up to you. It won't hurt. The only time you can't is if you place in the EC.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child
Deb Porter

Post by Deb Porter »

Hi Shann.

We may have to restart this thread because we have changed it to two a quarter (for my sanity). If I was able to just do a quickie report (like I originally planned), it would have been fine. However, I can't help myself. So it's two a quarter from April.

This won't impact too many, to be honest. The average is two reports.

Love, Deb
Deb

pcimeisr
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by pcimeisr »

Deb, I just signed up for the writing program. One point that is required is to go to the writing challenge and critique other writings. When I put my challenge entry in I check a box saying that I want to be critiqued. How will I know that others have checked the box? I assume that I am only to give my ideas on improvement to those requesting it. I know that I could say the good things to any of them, but how will I know who to give constructive critiquing to? I am excited to be in the program and want to do all I can to improve mine.
Deb Porter

Post by Deb Porter »

Hi Phillip.

I believe it will note on the entry at the end whether they want "red ink" or not. (I'll go and check.)

Hmmmm ... with the change to the new server, that feature may have gone astray. I checked one author's entries to see if the note was on the bottom. She usually says she doesn't want red ink, and I can't see it written on any of her entries. So I'll let Mike know that there may be a glitch in the system.

In the meantime, I would say leave encouragement and helpful critique on the entries you read. Be gentle, though. :D (I don't imagine you would be any different.)
Deb

mikeedwards
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mikeedwards »

Hi Phillip,

I have a tech looking into this problem. Should be fixed soon. Thanks for telling us.

Blessings, Michael
We need God's Grace because of God's Truth.

Return to “Rules, Ratings, Judges and Official Info”