Top 40 question

All the facts about the Challenge and special announcements from the Coordinator.

Moderators: RedBaron, itsjoanne, RedBaron, itsjoanne, RedBaron, itsjoanne

Faith
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Top 40 question

Post by Faith »

It's always an honor to place in a contest, but is there any benefit other than the honor, to place in the Top 40 for a contest? For the Inner Person Challenge, there is a Top 30 listing, due to the low number of entries. I am honored to have placed number 30. Could anyone explain the implications of the Top 40 placement? Such as, are these the entries that are considered for the FaithWriters books? Other than the Editor's Choice winners, do any others go into the books?

Thanks!
Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths.
Proverbs 3: 5-6

Post by glorybee »

Faith, only the top 10 (the Editor's Choice, or EC) go into the anthologies. But top 30 (or 40) is nothing to sneeze at--in some past quarters we've had as many as 200 entries! Even when entries are low, competition is fierce and sometimes the scores differ by literally hundredths of a point. So if you hit #30--that's superb! Congratulations!
Jan Ackerson -- Follow me, friend me, give me a wave!
http://www.superioreditingservice.com
Twitter: @janackerson1
Instagram: janackerson
Facebook: Jan Worgul Ackerson, Superior Editing Service, Jan Ackerson, writer
Faith
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Top 40

Post by Faith »

Oh, I hope I didn't come across as not proud. I am very proud to have placed at 30! So proud that I plastered it all over my Facebook page so everyone can see. I think it's great that I have only been in 4 challenges and did rather well in 3 of them. I was just hoping I could get something published so I can be even prouder! My vanity again. :lol: Hmmm....maybe a sequel to Passive Suicide?
Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths.
Proverbs 3: 5-6

Post by glorybee »

At the rate you're going, you'll be there soon!
Jan Ackerson -- Follow me, friend me, give me a wave!
http://www.superioreditingservice.com
Twitter: @janackerson1
Instagram: janackerson
Facebook: Jan Worgul Ackerson, Superior Editing Service, Jan Ackerson, writer
Deb Porter
FaithWriters and Site Admin
FaithWriters and Site Admin

Post by Deb Porter »

Faith, you didn't sound proud at all--just really, really enthusiastic, and we think that's great.

Love, Deb
Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator
Breath of Fresh Air Press

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

Return to “Rules, Ratings, Judges and Official Info”