title help & edits

All the facts about the Challenge and special announcements from the Coordinator.

Moderators: RedBaron, itsjoanne, RedBaron, itsjoanne, RedBaron, itsjoanne

kpwrite
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

title help & edits

Post by kpwrite »

Quick question--

I write all of my challenge pieces by myself but sometimes ask a family member to read/edit or help with a title. Sometimes I use the suggested changes, sometimes not.

Is this acceptable?
Kristi

"When I stand before God at the end of my life I would hope that I would have not a single bit of talent left and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.'" -Erma Bombeck
Deb Porter
FaithWriters and Site Admin
FaithWriters and Site Admin

Post by Deb Porter »

Hi Kristi. I don't mind the help with the title, and you can get someone to proof read for typos, but editing suggestions are out. It's just not that type of contest. It's about honing your own skill.

The thing is that it's impossible to police this sort of thing, but when people were sending their articles to multiple people for feedback and editing before the entries were submitted two or three years ago, we had to make sure everyone knew that wasn't allowed for the Challenge.

When it comes to the Page Turner, it's a totally different thing. Editing is encouraged before the entries are submitted. But with the Challenge, it's meant as a personal challenge to the person entering.

Thanks for asking.

Love, Deb
Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator
Breath of Fresh Air Press

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

kpwrite
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by kpwrite »

Thanks, Deb. That clears things up!

I haven't made any major changes from suggestions--more like word choice or for clarity. I was getting impressions from them about the quality of the piece, etc. I will refrain from doing that from now on! I have already turned in this week's piece. (Again, still my work--help with title/giving first impressions)

Glad I asked--I want to do this correctly! (Claiming ignorance on the previous entries...lol!) :roll:
Kristi

"When I stand before God at the end of my life I would hope that I would have not a single bit of talent left and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.'" -Erma Bombeck

Return to “Rules, Ratings, Judges and Official Info”