Weekly Challenge

All the facts about the Challenge and special announcements from the Coordinator.

Moderators: RedBaron, itsjoanne, RedBaron, itsjoanne, RedBaron, itsjoanne

Nanci
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Weekly Challenge

Post by Nanci »

Just had a quick question...I have entered the weekly challenge twice now, trying to carve out time between classes to do this..I love meeting the deadlines and limiting myself to the word count, etc. I entered The Reader last week and did not see it appear in the listing of the category that I entered it..."beginner"...I know the word count was 620 and the number of enteries was "69" at the time...what happened? A little discouraging as I took extra care to get it right...oh well, guess I will go back into hiding again...just curious about such things????
We walk by faith, not by sight.
glorybee

Post by glorybee »

Nanci, have you checked in the other levels? Sometimes, if you don't click outside the drop-down menu in which you select your level, it will accidentally scroll and your entry will get submitted in another level. It has happened many times before!

Another possibility is that you may have clicked "preview" accidentally, instead of "submit."

So sorry that this happened! Please don't give up...I'm sure it was just a glitch for this week, and that it won't happen again.
Jan Ackerson -- Follow me, friend me, give me a wave!
http://www.superioreditingservice.com
Twitter: @janackerson1
Instagram: janackerson
Facebook: Jan Worgul Ackerson, Superior Editing Service, Jan Ackerson, writer
Deb Porter
FaithWriters and Site Admin

Post by Deb Porter »

Hi Nanci. You definitely weren't disqualified. If that happens, I always contact the person to let them know (and give them time to re-submit). It appears something just happened when you submitted, which is very disappointing.

As Jan said, a common mistake is to hit the preview button, but then forget to actually go back and submit the entry. It happens to even some of our "old timers" every now and then.

I'm really sorry you missed out. It's always so disappointing when that happens. When you enter again, just send me a quick private message here on the boards to check and see if your entry made it safely into the list. Send me the Level you entered and the title, and I'll check for you.

Love, Deb
Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator
Breath of Fresh Air Press

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

Nanci
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by Nanci »

Thank you Deb and Jan, I did preview as I had to make a correction...but I did hit submit afterwards, oh well, I have this week...thanks so much for your time and attention...
We walk by faith, not by sight.
CatLin
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by CatLin »

Nanci, I'm so sorry! How heartbreaking! You can enter your story in the general submissions, tho, and point us to it for feedback. I know it's not the same, but it IS something.

Love,
Cat
Catrina Bradley
FaithWriters Profile
Scattered Seeds
Jewels of Encouragement

"God rewrote the text of my life when I opened the book of my heart to his eyes." Psalm 18:24 (The Message)
Deb Porter

Post by Deb Porter »

(((HUGS))) Nancy. This week definitely send me a PM to check for you after you submit. Just to make sure.

Love, Deb
Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator
Breath of Fresh Air Press

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

Return to “Rules, Ratings, Judges and Official Info”