Moving Up Levels

All the facts about the Challenge and special announcements from the Coordinator.

Moderators: RedBaron, itsjoanne, RedBaron, itsjoanne, RedBaron, itsjoanne

glorybee

Post by glorybee »

What Shari said--it happens to nearly everybody, every time they move up a level.

I'll also add that entries are very, very, very rarely disqualified, and every effort is made to help the writer to make the entry 'legit', if possible. For example, if an entry is over or under the allowed word counts, and if the judges (or word counter) catch it on time, it's pulled, but the writer is notified and allowed to re-enter the piece once they've added or subtracted words.

There have been other, extremely rare, DQs for entries that didn't quite meet the criteria for the contest, but in general, Deb will make every effort to see that entries make it into the contest. And if a person mistakenly enters in the wrong level for several weeks, if Deb eventually becomes aware of it, she'll just send that person a very lovely email saying "time to move up!"

So it's really no big deal at all--and you're very sweet to be worried. That's why I love this website!
Jan Ackerson -- Follow me, friend me, give me a wave!
http://www.superioreditingservice.com
Twitter: @janackerson1
Instagram: janackerson
Facebook: Jan Worgul Ackerson, Superior Editing Service, Jan Ackerson, writer
kimhamlin
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Thanks so much Shari!

Post by kimhamlin »

Thank u!
oursilverstrands
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Post by oursilverstrands »

Yikes! I was happily moving along each week without a thought about ECs
and levels. As per the rules, I'm assuming that my Level 3 entry for Seasons is an overlap, and I WILL (ugh) have to move to Level 4 next time around. Yes?

Quite honestly, I do not feel anywhere near ready for Lisa, Henry, et al.

Lillian
Fortunate 500

www.oursilverstrands.com
Seniors in Bloom
When Youth Fades
Available at: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=when+youth+f ... nb_sb_noss/

Fortunate 500

I have a love affair with words. I write, even when I think I can't. I'm hooked on words!

"Let words bewitch you. Scrutinze them, mull them, savor them, and in combination, until you see their subtle differences and the ways they tint each other." Francis Flaherty
katypetunia
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Post by katypetunia »

I'm experiencing another smack-on-the-side-of-the-head bout of humility, and feel myself grinning wryly with the last several comments on "moving up."

My mandatory "move up" was last August (had to check the date from earlier postings) when I felt totally unworthy and unready.

And believe me, my move-up has made me scramble, and work, and polish, and lie awake nights, because the "next group up" is--as it should be--more diffiicult than where you were in your comfort zone. The placings don't come easy -- we're up against some really good writers here! (...prayers for the judges, please...)

Congratulations to those moving up: you should be proud, and you have earned it!!

Blessings all,

Katee
*** So BLESSED to be a 500 MEMBER! ***
glorybee

Post by glorybee »

Yes, Lillian--time to move up. Congratulations!
Jan Ackerson -- Follow me, friend me, give me a wave!
http://www.superioreditingservice.com
Twitter: @janackerson1
Instagram: janackerson
Facebook: Jan Worgul Ackerson, Superior Editing Service, Jan Ackerson, writer

Return to “Rules, Ratings, Judges and Official Info”