VocalBillity

If you have just signed up as a FaithWriters Platinum (500) member, please stop by this forum and say hello. We want to give you an extra special welcome (even if you are an old familiar face)

Moderators: mikeedwards, beaedwards, RedBaron, mikeedwards, beaedwards, RedBaron, mikeedwards, beaedwards, RedBaron

VocalBillity
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

VocalBillity

Post by VocalBillity »

Hello all!

Bill Elliott here, a.k.a VocalBillity - the voice of one crying in the Bewilderness®. I am the voice, writings, and thoughts behind the VocalBillity efforts. My tag-line for years has been "The voice of one crying in the Bewilderness®", not at all because I am bewildered about my place in the Lord, my place in this world, or even my place among you and yours. It is due to the utter bewilderment of the people that moves my soul into action and causes me to bend-a-knee in prayer for you, for yours, and certainly for myself.

I am a devoted Christian, an Ordained (2010) and Licensed minister (1983), and most especially, a wholly committed and born-again soul (Feb 1978).

VocalBillity
VocalBillity Logo
VocalBillity Logo
Logo00_opt.jpg (20.74 KiB) Viewed 7901 times
G.W. Bill Elliott, Jr
VocalBillity - the voice of one crying in the Bewilderness®
http://www.VocallBillity.com
Deb Porter
FaithWriters and Site Admin
FaithWriters and Site Admin

Re: VocalBillity

Post by Deb Porter »

Welcome Bill. Great to have you with us, and I love your tag line. I'll join you in that journey.

Make yourself at home.

Blessings!

Deb
Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator
Breath of Fresh Air Press

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

VocalBillity
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by VocalBillity »

Thank you! I am quite excited and anticipant about this new effort (joining a writing group). I am typically a 'go it alone' person and have been resourceful, industrious, innovative, and even plain 'ol clumsy... but, the Lord has been and is SO good to my life and heart.

I'll work to integrate with the team here, and see how/where I can help and be helped.
G.W. Bill Elliott, Jr
VocalBillity - the voice of one crying in the Bewilderness®
http://www.VocallBillity.com
RedBaron

Post by RedBaron »

Hi and :welcome
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

"...hunt like a spider..." Cori - FW Con '07
Shann

Post by Shann »

Hi Bill, welcome to FW. I'm so happy you found the site. My son is currently on track to become an ordained elder in the United Methodist Church. I know it's not an easy row to hoe. He will graduate from Duke and then will go where God is calling him next.

FW has so many wonderful opportunities, especially for Gold and Platinum members. I'm sorry I didn't answer sooner. I was in Florida celebrating our anniversary. It was the first vacation without kids since our honeymoon. If you upgrade your membership to Platinum, not only do you get a money-back guarantee, but you get a copy of three ebooks. You can find more information on the platinum membership here:http://www.faithwriters.com/finish-signup.php

Of course, you also get to enter the weekly challenge each week if desired. (The unpaid members get 4 free trials). They are also offering up to three reviews on your challenge entry. It'll be super helpful for seeing how the judges ranked your story and what you can do to improve.

The Critique Circle is another great perk to upgraded members. I really like it because of the Circle part. The more you leave critiques for others, the more credits you receive. I think leaving critiques for others can help you as much (maybe even more) than the author by allowing you to Dissect why or why not something works for you. For example, I discovered I wasn't a big fan of ending a story with a dream scenario or mysterious stranger. I'd written stories like that, but it wasn't until I started critiquing did I realize I didn't care for endings wrapped up too quickly.

Ahh, but I digress. I hope FW is all you want it to be. Don't hesitate to ask any questions you might have.
:welcome
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Return to “New to the FaithWriters Platinum (500)”