New from Wisconsin

If you have just signed up as a FaithWriters Platinum (500) member, please stop by this forum and say hello. We want to give you an extra special welcome (even if you are an old familiar face)

Moderators: mikeedwards, beaedwards, RedBaron, mikeedwards, beaedwards, RedBaron, mikeedwards, beaedwards, RedBaron

cindiashbeck
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

New from Wisconsin

Post by cindiashbeck »

Hello,

New here, making the shift from Animal Welfare to faith writing. I'm really interested in writing for magazines or blogging for a faith-based website/blog for free.

Would really like to be active in places like in courage or Proverbs 31 Ministries.

Anyone involved in areas such as these?

Thanks,

Cindi :D
beaedwards
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New from Wisconsin

Post by beaedwards »

Glad you made the shift. We love our animals too but they can't read... :lol:
Hello and welcome from across the lake in northern Michigan. We pray that you are encouraged to grow and take steps of faith in your writing!
Marina
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by Marina »

Welcome to FaithWriters!

Make sure to check out the Forum leads on Freelancing Opportunities for writing jobs (paid and unpaid). You'll find plenty of great opportunities there!

:welcome

Marina
Lord, help me each day to affect someone within my sphere of influence for Your plans and purposes.
Deb Porter
FaithWriters and Site Admin
FaithWriters and Site Admin

Post by Deb Porter »

Hi Cindi. Great to have you with us.

As a Platinum member, you'll start receiving writing opportunities now and then through the private messenger service at FaithWriters. They do have some good things come through, and as Marina said, watch the forums for freelancing opportunities.

With any publication, just check out their writer guidelines and then if they have an open door, submit work to them. You may get a few rejections (or more), but it just makes the success of eventual publication all the sweeter.

AND make sure you enter the weekly Writing Challenge. The books comprising the top ten entries each week are back in action. So it's a perfect time to get involved.

Love, Deb
Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator
Breath of Fresh Air Press

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

Laurie
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by Laurie »

Howdy neighbor. ;) I also live in Wisconsin. Welcome to FaithWriters. I hope you'll have time to take a good look around and see all that FaithWriters offers as well as post here on the message board so we can get to know you better. :)

Return to “New to the FaithWriters Platinum (500)”