The Buzz About Jesus

If you have just signed up as a FaithWriters Platinum (500) member, please stop by this forum and say hello. We want to give you an extra special welcome (even if you are an old familiar face)

Moderators: mikeedwards, beaedwards, RedBaron, mikeedwards, beaedwards, RedBaron, mikeedwards, beaedwards, RedBaron

JesusIsLord
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

The Buzz About Jesus

Post by JesusIsLord »

Howdy all! I’ve just joined the site and posted my first story, “Bee Saved.”

I’ve been a longstanding member of other secular critiquing websites, but never really felt I’d found a home for my writing. Mention the name Jesus more than three times in your story, and you get tagged with, “This was too ‘preachy’ for me.” But now that I’ve found some likeminded writers, I can spout out straight from the pulpit, eh?

I’ve been writing on and off again for about 5 years. I sometimes lack consistency in that I’ll write for three months, quit for three months, and then come back again. I’m hoping that with the support of this writing community that I’ll improve on that, and of course, I ultimately want to increase the quality of my work as well.

I’m currently reading War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy and loving it! I’m also reading and researching some nonfictional books about bees for my novel. The next fictional book I have on my reading list is a James Scott Bell novel titled, “Glimpses of Paradise.” Of course, I also enjoy reading God’s Word, as well as the occasional commentary on it. (I’m working on Warren Wiersbe’s “Be Series” now, no pun intended).

I got saved and baptized sometime in the late 90’s, (I think in ’98?) but yes, after I got saved, I became badly backslidden for a good 6 or 7 years when I moved from Pensacola, FL to the official Sodom and Gomorrah of the U.S, Las Vegas. I’m grateful that I’m back in my hometown of Fort Dodge, IA and no longer living as a carnal Christian. Nobody killed a fatted calf for me upon my return, but God did something much better with his Son in my place.

Well, I guess I’m getting a bit longwinded, so I’ll throw in my proverbial “five things I see myself doing in five years time list” to wrap it up.

Goal #1) Be a professional Christian novelist
Goal #2) Be a professional Christian novelist
Goal #3) Be a professional Christian novelist
Goal $4) Be a professional Christian novelist
Goal #5) Get help for my Obsessive Compulsive Disorder :D

Return to “New to the FaithWriters Platinum (500)”