Jumping in...

If you have just signed up as a FaithWriters Platinum (500) member, please stop by this forum and say hello. We want to give you an extra special welcome (even if you are an old familiar face)

Moderators: mikeedwards, beaedwards, RedBaron, mikeedwards, beaedwards, RedBaron, mikeedwards, beaedwards, RedBaron

CathyJ
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Jumping in...

Post by CathyJ »

Hi there!

I just signed up for the 500 yesterday, and I am excited about trying out the weekly contest! I have been away from writing for a bit and I feel rusty so this seems like a good place to try out my pencil!

Thank you for the opportunity to get myself back into the fold again. I have been a lost lamb, so I'm blessed to be led back into a Christian flock!

Blessings!

Cathy
"I know God won't give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much!" -- Mother Teresa
Writetrack
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Re: Jumping in...

Post by Writetrack »

Welcome, Cathy, and thanks so much for your support! Please let us know if you have any questions. You will love, love, love the Challenge. But be warned...it is VERY addicting. :D
Deb Porter
FaithWriters and Site Admin

Post by Deb Porter »

Good on you, Cathy! Welcome aboard.

Definitely jump into the Challenge. It's a lot of fun, and as Lynda said, it can be somewhat addictive--particularly if you get involved with hinting time here on the boards.

Make yourself at home. We'll be cheering you on as you write.

Love, Deb
Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator
Breath of Fresh Air Press

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

CathyJ
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by CathyJ »

Thanks for the warm welcome! Will be able to work on the challenge all day today...blizzard in Cleveland..6 inches+...yuck!
"I know God won't give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much!" -- Mother Teresa
Carole L
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by Carole L »

CathyJ wrote:Thanks for the warm welcome! Will be able to work on the challenge all day today...blizzard in Cleveland..6 inches+...yuck!
I lived in Cleveland first couple decades, then moved down to Akron/Canton area for a couple more, then moved to Austin, TX for the next two. Hmmm, seeing a pattern here, I suppose that means I'll be in Little Rock for the next two?

Welcome aboard.
Carole

Proud to be a 500 member.
I don't know the master plan, but I know the Master has a plan.

http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=34113
CathyJ
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by CathyJ »

:lol: Yes, Carole...sounds like you will be in AK a while...come on back to Cleveland anytime! Only having a blizzard now with 8 inches on the ground...will be a foot by later this afternoon! Hmmmm....this weeks challenge is "time-consuming"...how about shoveling snow???? Ha...
Deb Porter

Post by Deb Porter »

I've been to Cleveland!!!! Image

My hubby and I were there before the last FaithWriters' conference (in August last year). We flew into there, stayed at an Embassy Suites to the east of the city, then did some garden exploring before heading up to Livonia for the conference. The botanical gardens at Cleveland are quite lovely. We have pictures of them coming around on our screen saver regularly.

Then after touring around for a little while after the conference, we came back to Cleveland to fly out (back to LAX and then home to Sydney).

The conference is actually not that far from where you are (relatively speaking), so keep August 12 and 13 free this year (if you can ... and want to). It's lots of fun.

Love, Deb
Deb

CathyJ
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by CathyJ »

Hi Deb!

I'm definately going to try to make it to the conference! I am originally from Ann Arbor, Michigan. Was born and raised there and then moved to Cleveland after meeting my husband who has been here all his life. Long story about that!!! Will have to post the one I wrote some time!

My father worked for LTV which was in Livonia. It used to be called AM General. Dad wrote the contract for the Army that sold them the Hummer...before it was an "everyday" car.

Anyway...glad you liked Cleveland! :coolsign There is a lot of culture to see here. Just hoping we can get some good writer's groups going...haven't found one as of yet.

Blessings!

Cathy
Deb Porter

Post by Deb Porter »

Good on you, Cathy. (We went through Ann Arbor too -- very pretty area.)

Love, Deb
Deb

Return to “New to the FaithWriters Platinum (500)”