To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Hire
Writers
Editors
Home Read What's New Join
Faith
Writers
Forum
My Account Login
Shop
Save
Support
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

FW email addresses...

General chat, updates and discussion about being a part of the FaithWriters Platinum (500)

Moderators: RedBaron, itsjoanne, Shann

bornaga1n
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

FW email addresses...

Postby bornaga1n » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:11 am

Hello all.

I've just received a job opportunity in my Private Messages and would like to respond to it. However, I feel somewhat hesitant until I know a bit more...

That said, does FW provide email addresses through our memberships? How 'bout any other suggestions?

I will definitely appreciate all comments!

Sincerely,
Hallie

RedBaron

Re: FW email addresses...

Postby RedBaron » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:04 pm

I know my membership has a FW email address, but I don't see it in the list of current perks on this page. You could contact support here and see if you have one available.

If you feel hesitant using your normal email address, you could always set up a free G-mail or hotmail address to use just for job leads.

As with all internet interactions, do some research and see what happens. I got my very first paid job through what was originally a free offer via the FW PM system. I also was offered a bogus job through another website, which thankfully I discovered was bogus before I gave them a chance to finish the scam.

Pray for wisdom :)
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

"...hunt like a spider..." Cori - FW Con '07

Shann

Postby Shann » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:51 pm

If the PM came from Mike as opposed to a separate individual, the chances are he has checked it out some and verified that it is a real person. With that said, listen to Shari too; she's quite wise. I know recently I saw a job offer that came from a PM from FW, yet it still made me nervous. I'm not quite sure why. It was little things like not knowing the intended audience, quite a few misspellings. Although there have been many offers that weren't right for me, this was the first one that made me think hmm. It doesn't mean it's from a spammer or scammer, still though, it's a good idea to follow your instinct, pray, and possibly set aup a special email just for jobs.

You can also look at the address itself. My husband is in IT and has shown me some tricks to see if it's a scam or not. This is quite similar to the advice given by my hubby:
Legitimate companies send emails through a server based out of their company website (for example, support@microsoft.com). If you see a long string of numbers in front of the @ sign or the name of a free email service before the .com (or any other domain), you need to question the legitimacy of the email in question.
It came from this site: http://spam-filter-review.toptenreviews ... -spam.html
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

bornaga1n
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby bornaga1n » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:20 pm

Hey, thanks for the reply!

I do have another email address I can use for job leads... so, good thinking. Sadly, I've been the victim of an inet scam, like so many others, and guess that's why I'm feeling this hesitation.

I was able to look up the email address given in the job post and found an actual picture of the sender. But that's as far as I could get with it...

And you're absolutely right about praying for wisdom.....

When thou goest, it shall lead thee; when thou sleepest, it shall keep thee; and when thou awakest, it shall talk with thee. ...[url]Proverbs 6:22 KJV[/url]

Thanks again, Friend.

http://thankful475.blogspot.com/
http://www.thepenofareadywriter.com

Return to FaithWriters Platinum (500) General Discussion