The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Current Biblical worldview discussions welcome. Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann, cori67, RedBaron, Shann, cori67, RedBaron, Shann

Deb Porter
FaithWriters and Site Admin

Post by Deb Porter »

Hi everyone. This is a member service announcement only. FaithWriters has no connection with Photobucket at all.

If you have been using a free Photobucket account to host your avatar here in the forums, you may have already noticed that the image has been replaced with a message about upgrading your account. This is not from FaithWriters. It is from Photobucket. If you have a free Photobucket account and have not yet received this message in place of your images, you will soon. Photobucket are gradually rolling out the change to their free memberships.

Photobucket (understandably) are looking for ways to earn income with their site. Free accounts are still available, but images stored with these free Photobucket accounts cannot be used on third party sites. In other words, if you were using Photobucket to store images for your blog, website, or any forums, this will no longer be possible with a free account. The free account at Photobucket is now for storing photos and sharing with others.

So if you have been using a free Photobucket account to host your avatar image here in the forums, that will no longer be possible. Again, this is nothing to do with FaithWriters. This is due to policy changes at Photobucket.

Blessings!

Deb
Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator
Breath of Fresh Air Press

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

deejay
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Avatar Problems - Photobucket

Post by deejay »

As I recall, I chose my Garfield as a reporter here on Faithwriters. Will I lose it? I don't have a Photobucket account.
Deb Porter

Post by Deb Porter »

deejay wrote:As I recall, I chose my Garfield as a reporter here on Faithwriters. Will I lose it? I don't have a Photobucket account.
No, you're fine. The people who used a free Photobucket account for their avatars are the only ones with a problem. It hasn't got anything to do with FaithWriters at all.

Love, Deb
Deb

deejay

Post by deejay »

Okay, thanks. Good to know.
oursilverstrands

Post by oursilverstrands »

Thanks, Deb. I received an explanation, but it was still not clear as to the reason why. Now I get it. Nothing stays the same, and ultimately nothing is free forever in a capitalistic society. :D The only problem for me is finding something I like and being able to upload it.

Thanks again,

Lillian
When Youth Fades
Available at: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=when+youth+f ... nb_sb_noss/

Fortunate 500

I have a love affair with words. I write, even when I think I can't. I'm hooked on words!

"Let words bewitch you. Scrutinze them, mull them, savor them, and in combination, until you see their subtle differences and the ways they tint each other." Francis Flaherty
Deb Porter

Post by Deb Porter »

oursilverstrands wrote:Thanks, Deb. I received an explanation, but it was still not clear as to the reason why. Now I get it. Nothing stays the same, and ultimately nothing is free forever in a capitalistic society. :D The only problem for me is finding something I like and being able to upload it.

Thanks again,

Lillian
The good thing is that there are HEAPS of free options available from the FaithWriters forums. There's a long list of options, and each option has a lot of different images. So if you aren't able to upload a new image, you can choose one from the many available for free. Follow the link below to your user control panel for the avatar. Then hit the Display Gallery button at the bottom. That will show all the options.

ucp.php?i=profile&mode=avatar
Deb

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy »

I thought mine was done straight from my computer. Does this mean I might loose my Puppy? :shock:

I guess I could use the "OTHER" puppy pic. :mrgreen:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.
Deb Porter

Post by Deb Porter »

JesusPuppy wrote:I thought mine was done straight from my computer. Does this mean I might loose my Puppy? :shock:
Pup, I right clicked on your image and opened it in a new tab. That way I was able to check the URL for it. It is definitely a Photobucket image, so you will probably get the message eventually. They seem to be rolling this out very gradually.

You may need to find another hosting solution. If you have a website or blog, you may be able to host it there, and then link to that image.
Deb

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy »

There. :mrgreen:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Return to “The Water Cooler”