Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

IvyKat
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Post by IvyKat » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:48 am

Friends, please pray. My dear friendsister Anavah (14) told me tonight that while she believes that God created the earth, she doesn't believe that he's still around doing stuff. She doesn't seem to have the most basic grasp of Christianity even though she grew up in a Christian home. Pray that God would give me wisdom and words to say when I talk to her.
~ Ivy ~ Ivypie ~ Sweet Pea ~ Fred ~ Harvey ~ Irving ~ Irvs ~

That Penguin Girl (my blog)

I hear in my mind, all of these voices.
I hear in my mind, all of these words.
I hear in my mind, all of this music.
And it breaks my heart, it breaks my heart.
~Regina Spektor

b24bomb
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Post by b24bomb » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:25 am

Sparrow wrote:OK, I guess I'll go ahead and let them give Mark L. my email address.
Haha! Good!

Lauren Bombardier

I always thought I was strange until I discovered FW. Now I know its just cause I'm a writer. ~ Julie Ruspoli

"Why do books have to have so many pictures? It's annoying!" ~ Sierra, age 9

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:35 am

AnneRene' wrote:So Miss Amy...I went back and looked at the video and it looked liked you had a big honking diamond earring on your right ear (I guess it's an ear piece of some sort?) Anyway...I lol-ed! AND I thought you said something but I can't find it about borrowing an aunts earrings or was that someone else?
Oh, yeah, it was a microphone. :lol: Never worn one like that before. The story you're remembering is me talking about a pearl necklace I wore for the stage play. My aunt from Indonesia gave it to me. :)

Ivy, I'm praying for your sister. That's tough. I can't imagine living life without knowing God was taking care of things.

I just found out that my grandfather's cousin died. I feel bad/guilty because she'd asked me to stop by sometime like ages ago and I kept meaning to go visit her on the way to school and then forgot about it. I think it's been a few years since I've seen her. I know she's not up in heaven thinking how sad she is that I didn't stop by ;) but I'm sad I didn't make the time. She was always really excited about my writing and had several of the FaithWriter challenge anthologies that I'm in.
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:36 am

IvyKat wrote:Friends, please pray. My dear friendsister Anavah (14) told me tonight that while she believes that God created the earth, she doesn't believe that he's still around doing stuff. She doesn't seem to have the most basic grasp of Christianity even though she grew up in a Christian home. Pray that God would give me wisdom and words to say when I talk to her.

Praying for her Amy and feeling your angusih for her. She's just missing being filled with the Holy Spirit which is the only way any of us know that we know the reality of God, so don't loose heart. I'd be curious is she has ever asked God to reveal himself to her and fill her with His spirit outside of knowing about God through her parents. Just a thought to ponder on. :wink:

AND YAY...for letting those dear friends give Mark L your e-mail address!
:mrgreen:

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:53 am

LOL, now it's you who are mixing up names, Holly. ;) That was Ivy who asked for prayer for her sister, but me about Mark L.
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.

IvyKat

Post by IvyKat » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:31 am

No, I'm Amy, remember? You're Ivy!

~Regina Spektor

IvyKat

Post by IvyKat » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:32 am

Oh, and by friendsister I meant "friend that's like a sister to me". :D It's a special word of my own invention.

~Regina Spektor

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:13 am

IvyKat wrote:No, I'm Amy, remember? You're Ivy!
Oh, that's right! :P

(This could get confusing... ;) If things ended up working out with Mark L. that would be confusing too, because my sister married a Mark.)

I wasn't sure if it was a sister who is also a friend or a friend who is like a sister. I have some of both. ;)
Amy Michelle Wiley

LStanley

Post by LStanley » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:49 am

Yesterday I pushed for 500 posts, now we are going for 600 pages. Let's do it!!!!!
Leonie (My friends call me Blueberry (or was it Boobelly?))

http://www.stanley1126.wordpress.com

JoyAnn

Post by JoyAnn » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:06 am

JesusPuppy wrote:
JoyAnn wrote:I think I just might be a little full of myself.
You are filled with Terror..? Why for are you filled with Terror? :roll:

Or like the cannibal that chewed off his own leg. :lol:
hahahah well those are both better than being conceded. So I'll go with both....or just the first I don't feel like burffing.
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~
~Spunky~PopTart~JoyBells~

"Oh, I KNOW I'm not confused."

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

In His Love and Mercy, Tiara Joy

[email protected]
(I can't even get into this one, so if you sent anything to it I won't get it....)
TiaraJoy's Profile

JoyAnn

Post by JoyAnn » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:17 am

Shann wrote:So Amy I empathize with those disability forms!! I'm still fighting the insurance company and I have so many forms to fill out.

I also finally listened to you singing in church. It was awesome. I'd love to see a video of you signing a song sometime. I've seen Em do it and she wasn't as experienced as you are and it moved me to tears.

So Becky why are you running away? Aren't we fun anymore? We'll have to make sure we initiate you and Patty fully and devote a few days to ask you questions so we can really get to know everything about you. Important things to like do you pick your nose and what do you do to jazz up tomato soup.

Tiara where are you I thought you were gonna be around more now that NaNo is over! You better be working on a challenge story!!!!

Hello to everyone else. You guys are the best!! I love ya all and am blessed you're a part of my life.
IIIII DOOOON'T KNOOOOOW!!!!

*SOBS*

I DOOOON'T WAANT TOOO!!!!!

*SOBS*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA You guys should've seen that, it was a beautiful performance.
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

[email protected]
(I can't even get into this one, so if you sent anything to it I won't get it....)
TiaraJoy's Profile

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:24 am

JoyAnn wrote:
JesusPuppy wrote:
JoyAnn wrote:I think I just might be a little full of myself.
You are filled with Terror..? Why for are you filled with Terror? :roll:

Or like the cannibal that chewed off his own leg. :lol:
hahahah well those are both better than being conceded. So I'll go with both....or just the first I don't feel like burffing.
Oh come now we all know how much of a humanitarian you are. :wink:

Another lunch break, kind of warm outside tonight, feels like a good storm is on its way. Probably get here Wednesday morning and last til Friday night. Figures too, as those are my days off. :roll:

As for you me dear sister Patty, looks like you are stuck. You come in as offen as you want, whine all you want, they will hug ya to peices... and I will make fun of you til you can't help but laugh.

And to begin... a name. Perky Patty. Yep that works for me.

Hi Perky. :mrgreen:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

JoyAnn

Post by JoyAnn » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:30 am

Okay, so I'm getting off the computer, I'm going to read and think about entry ideas, but I had this song I'd been having float around my head for weeks and I finally sat down and wrote out the lyrics on paper a week ago when I was finishing up nano and trying to think of last week's entry, so I just typed it up and put it on my profile. So you should check it out. I have a link to my profile down thereImage It's title Confused and Conflicted.

Now this whole song came to me about a month or so ago. Idk what was going on but I was talking with my sister and she was talking about something that I had no clue about and she was trying to explain it to me, but she is HORRID at it, so I just got more confused in all her umm's mmm's like's and blank faces and long pauses. So I cried out with this silly lost little girl fake cry, "I don't know I'm so confused!" and then after a pause I said. "I'm so confused and conflicted." because I kind of want to yell and her and tell her to buzz off but I also wanted her to better explain it so that I could understand. And like as soon as those words were out of my mouth my mind just starts reeling.
'what would Jesus do?' 'do i really want to do that?' 'I don't care what Jesus would do she p i s s i n g me off!' 'do I really want to do that' it all was just running through my head and I'm lost as to what she's talking about. and then suddenly in the middle of my thoughts, in the middle of her saying whatever it was she was going on about, I said,
"I'm confused and conflicted, but you were accused and convicted."
And she just goes, "What?!?"

Well I thought it was a really good line and would be great in a message or in a song. So I meant to write it down, but never did. However every time I said I was confused it just come back to me. And as weeks went by I began to see this guys, just lost he knew all about God and Jesus and the miracles he did, but he was confused and conflicted because he just wasn't sure that he was real, and if he was if he could really do the stuff his hear about all his life. But though I saw him, I didn't know why he was confused, why he was conflicted I knew something more than just his flesh was keeping him back it was something else in his past but I couldn't see what it was. I knew that whatever it was though that this man just wasn't going to come to understand and receive Jesus by being told of these things, or even seeing them from a distance through a friend. I knew that something big was going to have to happen to him before he saw for himself. I just didn't know what it was. So I sat on this song for a few weeks hoping and waiting that God would show me more of this man.

But I didn't see anything, so finally one night where the line "I'm confused and conflicted, but you were accused and convicted." just kept pressing on me, I was like man, God I have to write this. So I sat down and started writing and this is just what all came out. I had a little trouble at first and didn't know where I was taking it and I had to rewrite the first verse, but most that first verse is still the same.
And as I came to the third verse, I just saw it all like a scene.

This man, was headed home to his wife and daughter and as he pulls forward from the stop sign this SUV comes screaming out of nowhere and hits the side of his truck, dragging him across the road for a moment before he breaks free, only to be rolling off the side of the road.
he hit his head as it rolled over, and blacks out. And as he's blacked out he sees himself as a little boy in Sunday school listen to the stories, but this time they came to life and he's not just sitting in class but standing near Jesus as he does all this things. And after awhile he drifts back into consciousness and he sees the bright flash of the ambulance's white headlights, and he feels all the sharp pain shooting through him from the crash. He is wheeled onto the ambulance but blacks out again, and he remembers the friend he sat next to, and all the stories she told about Jesus and his love and power. And his heart, his soul is grieving, and crying out, 'why did you do those thing for her?' 'why would you do that?' 'Why don't you do that for me?' 'Why would you do this for me?'

And then this voice cried out to him, "Because in the end I want my father to know your name. take my hand and I'll show you." he sees this faint bright hand, and as he tries to reach for it, it's gone and the crashing heart beat that was beeping on the monitor steaded. and as the dull lights of the hospital and the faces of friendly nurses and doctors come into view he is hit with this overwhelming sense of joy. And he just knows that God is real and Jesus did come and do all those things, and he was a healer because he'd saved him.

And now, this is a story burning in my heart. I still don't know what troubles he has with his past that are keeping him from receiving Jesus, but I know this is a story I'm one day going to write. It maybe soon, it maybe for next year's WriMo, it maybe years from now, but it's a story I'm going to finish one day.

Well now that I've like gone on all about it and you know what the whole song is about, the song is like a quick short telling of his life in a song.
I'm think that he's going to sing the song in the book at some point, I just have no clue yet when, where or why. Is he a singer? A worship leader? A writer/song writer? Is he something totally different that has nothing to do with writing music or lyrics, but writes the song anyway? IDK...But I'm thinking it's a journey God's going to take me on to find out more about this guy. This unnamed fellow.

WELL now that I've gone on FOREVER about it...the link is down there
Image And I'm going to go to bed.
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

[email protected]
TiaraJoy's Profile

BusBoss

Post by BusBoss » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:47 am

Just a quick fly by to say hi ...

"Hi"

That is all :roll:

Been a little busier than I expected lately. Hope things calm down soon 8)

Have a great everybody :D

I don't care whether the glass is half full or half empty. I want to know what's in the glass!

One of these days I will stop biting the bullet ... I will put it back in my gun and shoot

Ms. Barbie

Post by Ms. Barbie » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:49 am

WOW Tiara! That is profound stuff! You must listen to God and follow through with what He tells you to do. Do it now before it's too late.
Barb Culler

Return to “The Water Cooler”