Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

LStanley
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Post by LStanley » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:59 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:Awww which ones dont you have?
You will have to continue once I stop. Not sure which ones I am missing.
Leonie (My friends call me Blueberry (or was it Boobelly?))

http://www.stanley1126.wordpress.com

LStanley

Post by LStanley » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:59 pm

A little girl was watching her parents dress for a party. When she saw her dad donning his tuxedo, she warned, 'Daddy, you shouldn't wear that suit.'
'And why not, darling?'
'You know that it always gives you a headache the next morning.'

LStanley

Post by LStanley » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:01 pm

While walking along the sidewalk in front of his church, our minister heard the intoning of a prayer that nearly made his collar wilt. Apparently, his 5-year-old son and his playmates had found a dead robin. Feeling that proper burial should be performed, they had secured a small box and cotton batting, then dug a hole and made ready for the disposal of the deceased.
The minister's son was chosen to say the appropriate prayers and with sonorous dignity intoned his version of what he thought his father always said: 'Glory be unto the Father, and unto the Son, and into the hole he goes.' (I want this line used at my funeral!)

LStanley

Post by LStanley » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:02 pm

A little girl had just finished her first week of school. 'I'm just wasting my time,' she said to her mother. 'I can't read, I can't write, and they won't let me talk!'

LStanley

Post by LStanley » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:03 pm

This is my favorite!!

A little boy opened the big family Bible. He was fascinated as he fingered through the old pages. Suddenly, something fell out of the Bible. He picked up the object and looked at it. What he saw was an old leaf that had been pressed in between the pages.
'Mama, look what I found,' the boy called out.
'What have you got there, dear?'
With astonishment in the young boy's voice, he answered, 'I think it's Adam's underwear!'

LStanley

Post by LStanley » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:21 pm

LStanley

Post by LStanley » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:25 pm

Word of the day for you creative people:

pogonip \POG-uh-nip\, noun:
An ice fog that forms in the mountain valleys of the western U.S.

LStanley

Post by LStanley » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:38 pm

LStanley

Post by LStanley » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:40 pm

Ok, ok, ok, ok, I will stop now. This is post number 500. :party

This is confirmation that I talk too much. Good night all it is close to midnight and I am a tad tired.

Shann

Post by Shann » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:13 pm

Okay I'm getting frustrated my post didn't show up! I was referring to Patty having a nickname. Now Holly I was the first person to have ikins added to my name if you do that to everyone then I won't feel special. And seeing how it's my only nickname you have to come up with an original one for Patty! :roll:

I just finished the last two hours wrapping Christmas presents and I'm exhausted! Whoever thought of wrapping things up just so kids can tear the paper off. I will admit at our house it's worth it. It takes about 2 hours to unwrap presents Christmas morning and not because they get tons of stuff cuz they really don't compared to their friends and my nieces and nephews. But we gently open each present one at a time and then everyone ooos and awes tries it out or on. It's really cool. I've seen videos and heard stories of kids who get 10xs the presents rip through them in minutes then ask is that all there is?

I have pretty cool kids. Almost every present they get is something they need and they are just as excited about underwear and pajamas as they are toys and games. They usually only get one or two fun presents and the rest is stuff they need. I've even gotten them food before and wrapped it for them ( when they were at college or cake mixes when they first liked baking)

I keep on putting off the Secret Santa so how about we all Secret Santa each other. We can send texts and emails to everyone using our aliases or post messages on the boards using an alias or if the Secret Santa is something we really want to do let me know and Ull give myself a deadline. We could go through the list again and instead of asking questions we can say what is special about each person. Plus Patty and Becky missed out on the questions so we could ask them the questions then do a celebrate so and so day!

Or Ill get my butt in gear and do the SS. Who knows?

Man we're suppose to get bad snowstorms again. I heard what happened inBuffalo made the national news. That's where Q is. He didn't get much snow but just a few miles away people were stuck on the thruway for hours.

I just got off the phone witness M she's upset cuz the great deal I got her on her new car this weekend just was basically cancelled. The guy increased the price by $1500. And they wonder why car dealers have a bad rap. She can get a 2011 for the same price the only reason we were considering the. 2010 is because of the discount. Grrr now I have to break in another dealer.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:22 pm

LStanley wrote:Image
Oh man Boo....loved the laughs! Loved Adams underwear! THANK YOU for taking the time.

And Shannikins....okay, okay...but gotta wait and see what she wants, I mean like I voted for Max as I think it's totally cute but I like boys names for girls...my cocker was Nikki so I will stop using ikins for EVERYONE but Y O U :) You ARE special so want to keep it that way.....Hey Patty.....are you around? Ya gotta help us out here...we just don't do well waiting. :heehee Especially Shannikins and me....we like to get everything wrapped up and going.

BTW Shannikins...growing up, we too opened one at a time. John's family handed out all the presents to each person and everyone just dove in and it felt...ummm....let's see....gluttonous. Didn't like it at all so glad to hear there are others out there that savor every moment, peaceably.

Shann

Post by Shann » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:23 pm

It took me an hour to get that last post posted between phone calls and consoling M. Leonie it must take longer for the jokes to reach SA. I've heard them all but they are still cute and made me smile again.

Okay nagging time. Read Pups challenge it's the first one in level 3 and one of his bests yet! Mine us Teddy Bear based on truth. I still have it and now it's worth over$1000. But it's worth far more to me. Barb wrote a great devo in level 1 called Peek a Boo.

Now go read and comment. If I missed someone's please leave the info here. Be good to each other.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Shann

Post by Shann » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:28 pm

Oooh not to trample on Leonie's 500 post. Happy dance!! But I only have 10 to get to 2,222. Cool not as cool as 1,111 was but still cool. 5,555 will be cool cuz 5 is my favorite number. Lyd likes 3 or numbers divisible by 3. M is into 7 and the guys don't care!
Shann

Shann's Profile

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:12 pm

Sparrow wrote: Becky, where you going?

I'm running away... :wink:
Dum Spiro Spero

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:41 pm

Oh yeah and YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY BOO....you're a grown up now with the orange pencil. CONGRATULATIONS! :music2 :party

And Shann..... B U M M E R! You got a lot going on missy, now you better be taking good care of yourself 'cuz you know how your little immune system is.....a lot going on and Shannikins gets her butt kicked and ends up in the hospital.....SO LISTEN TO ME and rest extra and EAT! AND NO BACK TALK!

YOU KNOW.....

Now Beakers.....what's up and why ewes gonna run away? You ignored my first question of the day....so don't make me fly over there and slap you silly!
Image :heehee Okay, I'm laughing but I will do it!

Return to “The Water Cooler”