Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

JesusPuppy
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Post by JesusPuppy » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:58 pm

This is me you are talking to... of course I do. :P
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Ms. Barbie

Post by Ms. Barbie » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:59 pm

At this moment, my niece is in surgery - having a baby girl removed! :)

She is having her 2 weeks early because the uterus is too thin and at risk for rupture. I am so sad that I am not there with her, and am impatiently waiting for news of safe delivery of mama and baby. I will be there in 2 weeks, but want to be there NOW! :(

Terrible thots of tragedy are filling my mind and I am trying to redirect those things-she will be ok. God will protect her.

I will post photos when I get them. if you are on right now, please pray for Stephanie. She is prone to panic attacks too.
Barb Culler

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:10 pm

Praying Barb. God protect the little one, and the mother.
Sparrow wrote:Well, I'm up on Lisa's blog for everyone to see. :? www.lisamikitarian.com I think I would have rather did this low key but I guess that's what happens when it's through an advice blog.
I just HAD to comment. :mrgreen:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:45 pm

Barb, I'm praying that all will go well and that you have peace while you wait.

JesusPuppy wrote:Praying Barb. God protect the little one, and the mother.
Sparrow wrote:Well, I'm up on Lisa's blog for everyone to see. :?
I just HAD to comment. :mrgreen:
:lol:
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

Shann

Post by Shann » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:01 pm

Dear Jesus
Please bless Barb's niece while she is in surgery. Thank you for giving the doctors the wisdom to deliver her now before the uterus has a chance to rupture. Thank you for giving the doctors and murses the skills and training they need to ensure a safe delivery.

Please wrap your arms around Barb as she is fretting and worrying. Give her the strength to get through the next couple of hours. Remind her that she is never alone. Bless her niece and the baby. Guide the doctors hands and breath your breathe of life into this precious baby.

In your name we pray Amen
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Shann

Post by Shann » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:05 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:This is me you are talking to... of course I do. :P
Well let me remind you little Mr Pup I have more up my sleeve than just some scary look. I'm the owner(proud owner yet) of the title the Meanest Mom in the World. Now don't you make me resort to my nefarious methods!!!! Get that writing done right now!
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Iam4Him
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Post by Iam4Him » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:09 pm

Ditto - what Shann said in her prayer. Blessings to you Barb.

Patty
They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as eagles... Isaiah 40:31

Iam4Him
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Post by Iam4Him » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:11 pm

Terror, don't write a series in the challenge-you'll get yelled at fer sure.

Blessings,
Patty
They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as eagles... Isaiah 40:31

Shann

Post by Shann » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:13 pm

Barb now that I prayed I just wanted to reassure as a previous OB nurse doing the c-section ahead of time in a controlled situation is really the best thing. Because she got pregnant so soon after her last c-section the wall of the uterus hasn't has had as much time to heal and thicken as the doctors might like. It's better to go on now then risk her going into labor and having the uterus rupture. Then it would be an emergency type operation. This way it's controlled. I'm sure they checked the baby's lungs and even possible gave your niece some meds to make sure the lungs are fully developed. I know it's really scary cuz you're not there but this is a good thing. I had to have Q and Lyd via csection because of the virus. They didn't want me to risk going into labor with either one of them. Q was born 16 days early and Lyd was born about 25 days early. They both came out at around 6 pounds and did great. Try not to worry and just think in just 2 weeks you'll be there with her. I love you. Hugs!
Shann

Shann's Profile

Iam4Him
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Post by Iam4Him » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:14 pm

This has gotta hit 600 tonight. Just trying to help out here.

:mrgreen:

Pesty Pat

Iam4Him
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Post by Iam4Him » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:16 pm

Shannikins! We're on at the same time. Howdy. 8)

Shann

Post by Shann » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:20 pm

Iam4Him wrote:Terror, don't write a series in the challenge-you'll get yelled at fer sure.

Blessings,
Patty
Yep you'll be disappointed at the very least. Deb sent me a letter and said I couldn't use Wrigley's name anymore as it wasn't anonymous because people recognized it. But I think if they're going to do that then what about those who write devos in the same format or those whose poems are easily recognizable. I know it's so it'll be fair but I try to read every entry each week and I recognize at least 5 different people by their styles. I enjoy their writing but if you can't use the same character because of the anonymous thing I wonder how long it'll be before people aren't allowed to write about the same subjects or in the same formats. When you have a group this small and the same 2 judges I just think it won't take long before it's easy to recognize all of the regulars. I know I'm getting good at it.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:20 pm

Praying for your niece and the baby!!

and Hiii everyone. Hopefully this gets to 600 pages :)
Dum Spiro Spero

Iam4Him
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Post by Iam4Him » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:23 pm

OK, so somebody explain this to me:

Criteria for Habitat for Humanity houses includes:

Good credit rating

Savings account

Downpayment for house

I always thought this was for needy people-what poor people have a savings account and the downpayment for a house? They wouldn't be poor then, right? :roll:

Blessings,

Porky Pat

Shann

Post by Shann » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:23 pm

Hey Patty and Becky!! We east coasters are all on because there's nothing good on TV? Actually I have TiVo so I record everything and skip the commercials!

I don't think I'm doing a story this week. I still don't have an idea that's worth getting up and writing about!
Shann

Shann's Profile

Return to “The Water Cooler”