Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

LStanley
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Post by LStanley » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:52 pm

I can't get these pic's to resize, so I am going to stop.

Time for bed. Good night all and to all a good night :!: :wink: :!:
Leonie (My friends call me Blueberry (or was it Boobelly?))

http://www.stanley1126.wordpress.com

Iam4Him
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Post by Iam4Him » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:33 pm

Hi,

I don't know how to make those white boxes but I'll just say thanx to all who wrote replies. Amy, Ivy, Anne Rene, Shann, I can't believe you offer me hugs and encouragement. I feel so worthless to the world.

The word that got censored was 4 letters and started with a c

I like the nickname Perky, Pup, but it doesn't seem to match me right now

I forget who asked me about the heat-it's just that I can't afford to heat this place with propane even with liheap help, it's too rickety and drafty. The old woodstove only heats a portion of the living room and it takes me 2 hours to start a fire because the chimney needs warmed up first before it will draw. Then I have to feed it every 20 minutes because it doesn't have a damper. I stayed up all night to keep it going, but had to sleep and now it's cold again. I'm shivering brrrr and wearing a coat and scarf while I'm writing. If I could get a zillion electric heaters I would run them all, cause the electric companies aren't allowed to shut off your utilities in the middle of winter. But the propane companies require payment at the time of delivery. It would cost $800 a month to heat this place.

I actually sent an email to Habitat for Humanity. All I need is a one-room cabin. I have the land. The money I would save could pay back their loan. People keep telling me to sell this place and move to a low-income high-rise. It would break my heart to leave the woods. Shann probably understands that, but I don't know if any of you city-lickers would. :)

Shann, you make me cold thinking about wearing a nightgown! I wear my clothes in bed even in the sleeping bag. I used to love the cold but it seems like the older I get the more heat I need. I used to wonder how my mom could stand the house being 70 degrees. hah, now I know.

My cockatiel needs food so I'm heating the bathroom with an electric heater to take a shower and hope I can get my gas hog started to go out. I only go out every 10 days or so cause I can't afford the gasoline.

I hate the year 2010...grrr. At the beginning of this year I was able to pay the monthly bills (by faithful budgeting), had a small savings account, had an Amish guy fixing up the outside of the house, and I was feeling ok. I can't believe how different things are now. We have no control over anything-only God does. Do you think He's trying to teach me something or punishing me? I don't think it's working if He is. I just feel broken and worthless.

Ok, so there I go again, whining on this happy place. I used to be contented even when things were going wrong, knowing God would provide. I don't seem able to scrounge up any faith now and that alone makes me cry. Sermons on the radio always gave me strength, but I can only get one station on my radio and only during certain hours. I've tried to listen online, but I have dial-up and only get 2 minutes at a time with the buffering problem. Oh stop it Patricia-all you do is whine whine whine.

Amy, you must have a beautiful voice; or is it in ASL? I took classes a long time ago to speak with a deaf friend, but after all these years I hardly remember any of it. Wish I could load the link.

Terrorizer, your song sounds great-maybe Amy could sing it in ASL, eh?

Oh well, I'm freezing now-off to see if the bathroom is warm enough. The toilet hasn't worked in months-I have to pour a bucket of water in to flush it-but the shower works when I get the hot water tank cranked up. Hey-maybe I should live in the bathroom. I could put an air mattress in the tub and be a Tubby Toy or whatever you call them. :lol:

Does this help toward the 600?

Love,
Pukey Pat
They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as eagles... Isaiah 40:31

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:54 pm

Iam4Him wrote:It would break my heart to leave the woods. Shann probably understands that, but I don't know if any of you city-lickers would. :)
I'm a country girl through and through, so I understand. It's the foothills that are most important to me... I love all their changing colors through each day and seasons. I wish you lived near me. My dad is a builder and I bet he could help you.
Amy, you must have a beautiful voice; or is it in ASL?
I do both voice and ASL. :) I have a fine voice though it's not amazing. But I'm told I have special talent sign-singing in ASL. I love doing it.

I'm headed off to the podiatrist now for a check up. Did I forget to tell ya'll that my toe actually healed from the surgery in the normal six week time? :shock: Thanks for the prayers! We were expecting it to take three to six MONTHS to heal. I guess the prayers and the new circulation med worked!
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

Ms. Barbie

Post by Ms. Barbie » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:54 pm

SHANN, THIS ONE'S IN YOUR HONOR! :D

Barb Culler

IvyKat

Post by IvyKat » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:07 pm

Patty darling... I understand what you're going through, at least in part. (Not the part about not wanting to leave a rickety cabin in the woods, but hey, to each his own :lol:)

But remember dear, God loves you more than you could possibly imagine, and bad things happening is NOT God punishing you. Jesus' death cleaned you as white as snow, and when God looks at you, he sees his daughter, washed by Jesus and perfect in his eyes. He isn't punishing you for anything bad you've ever done, because that's all gone, removed "as far as the east is from the west". Pop quiz: how far is the east from the west?

Here's a gift just for you:

Stay warm! Praying for you!
~ Ivy ~ Ivypie ~ Sweet Pea ~ Fred ~ Harvey ~ Irving ~ Irvs ~

That Penguin Girl (my blog)

I hear in my mind, all of these voices.
I hear in my mind, all of these words.
I hear in my mind, all of this music.
And it breaks my heart, it breaks my heart.
~Regina Spektor

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:14 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:Pssst... Shann... 40 post to go and only 35 days. :wink:

I am going to have to slow down on my posting or I will have to stay away for a few days.

OOOO I know... If I go over, I will send comments to you in PMs and you can post them as quotes for me :lol:

NOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

You can't leave us Pup.....between you and Timmy-Tot not being around, we don't have anyone to tease that won't get offended! You guys have tough hides and don't get all emotional like we women-folk tend to do SOMETIMES.
:heehee

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:16 pm

LStanley wrote:
AnneRene' wrote:Have a warm fuzzy and cozy day Friend-Bobs...gotta go seriously study but before I go, leaving you with my picture of the day.
And as for you Pup...sorry your days off are gonna be soggy....BUT, here's the bright side....Puuuuuuuuuuuuurfect time to work on Jim and Rachel.
:mrgreen:
Holly I love this pic. Please e-mail it to me!!
Okie Dokie...I'll send you the photobucket link.

tonguethaid

Post by tonguethaid » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:27 pm

Patty- that is quite the tale of mis-fortunate circumstances. I pray that God warms your heart, not only physically but spiritually, filling you with joy and strength and the knowledge that he loves you.
♥Kara

“The true harvest of my life is intangible - a little star dust caught, a portion of the rainbow I have clutched” ~ Henry David Thoreau

"If you are a dreamer,come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean-buyer. If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire, for we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" ~ Shel Silverstein

tonguethaid

Post by tonguethaid » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:28 pm

AnneRene' wrote:
LStanley wrote:
AnneRene' wrote:Have a warm fuzzy and cozy day Friend-Bobs...gotta go seriously study but before I go, leaving you with my picture of the day.
And as for you Pup...sorry your days off are gonna be soggy....BUT, here's the bright side....Puuuuuuuuuuuuurfect time to work on Jim and Rachel.
:mrgreen:
Holly I love this pic. Please e-mail it to me!!
Okie Dokie...I'll send you the photobucket link.
While you're sending things, do you think you could just wrap this cottage up in a box and send it to me?? :wink:
♥Kara

“The true harvest of my life is intangible - a little star dust caught, a portion of the rainbow I have clutched” ~ Henry David Thoreau

"If you are a dreamer,come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean-buyer. If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire, for we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" ~ Shel Silverstein

JoyAnn

Post by JoyAnn » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:00 pm

Yawn. Why am I so tired?
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~
~Spunky~PopTart~JoyBells~

"Oh, I KNOW I'm not confused."

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

In His Love and Mercy, Tiara Joy

[email protected]
(I can't even get into this one, so if you sent anything to it I won't get it....)
TiaraJoy's Profile

IvyKat

Post by IvyKat » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:22 pm

JoyAnn wrote:Yawn. Why am I so tired?
You could try sleeping

;) :D :lol:
~ Ivy ~ Ivypie ~ Sweet Pea ~ Fred ~ Harvey ~ Irving ~ Irvs ~

That Penguin Girl (my blog)

I hear in my mind, all of these voices.
I hear in my mind, all of these words.
I hear in my mind, all of this music.
And it breaks my heart, it breaks my heart.
~Regina Spektor

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:52 pm

I am home now. I wasn't trying to scare you guys. I went to my friends house to stay the night last night and we spent the day together. When I go there and I know I won't be home for a while I joke that I'm "Running away from home".

My friend and I took a pizza to her grandmother's for lunch and we decorated her Christmas tree. I think her grandmother is sad, this is the first Christmas without her husband and she has bone cancer. I don't think they are doing anything for the cancer itself but she is taking bone strengthening medicine, which isn't working. It's to a point now that her bones hurt and the doctor just told her to take Aleve for it. My friend was angry because the doctor could write her a prescription for a stronger medicine that would probably help a lot better than the Aleve.

I'm scared for my friend. she just lost her grandfather and I don't want her to lose her grandmother too. Especially so soon. i have this nasty feeling in my gut that her grandmother is dying and will sooner than my friend thinks. I love her grandmother too. She is an amazing woman.

Sigh.

sorry for being a downer.
Dum Spiro Spero

Shann

Post by Shann » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:14 pm

Okay Holly that does it! I'm no longer talking to you! I'm very offended by your statement that females can't take the joking Tah! What a ridiculous thing to say and decides at that. Why I never!!!!!!(Hmmmm maybe I should)

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :D

Of course you know I'm teasing right? Love you!

Patty I'm glad you came back. You come anytime your heart desires. We do understand. Does PA just have regular Heap or does it have emergency HEAP too? I know in NY they have a one time thing plus an emergency one. They also have funds to fix your furnace or whatever. I'm wondering if you could apply to have your chimney fixed. We're getting firewood for $45 a face cord. We saved so much heating with wood. You should check it out. Maybe call the office for the aging too. They're helping me with my insurance mess and I'm only 45. Have you ever applied for SSI? The depression alone would qualify you plus I know there's other health problems.

Tiara I did like your story. I think you should write it for the challenge! Plus are you tired from staying up all night?

Leonie maybe when you get up we'll be on page 600 but we'll try not to go over just for you.

Barb I love my purple elephant!!

Amy yay on the job!! It's been awhile I forgot about it. I hope it won't be too much for you. I hope everything keeps going well with your toe.

So what does everyone do for Christmas morning? Ivy and Tiara and Becky do your parents still or did they ever buy you lots of presents? Now that my kids are getting older it's tough to know when to draw the line. Last year I spent a little less on the older kids than on Lyd. Although it turns out pretty equal but it's hard to transition from kids to adults. I go overboard and worry. If I'm honest with myself it's because I feel like I have to buy their love or something like that. Though they've proven me wrong each year. It seems I always worry and they always reassure me that Christmas isnt about presents. Last year was tough cuz Chris didn't have a job but then Emily my in-laws and Chris' Gpa gave us tons of things we needed. M bought cleaning surprises and GPA gave Chris part of his inheritance. It was cool how God provided.

Kara when are you going back to Thailand? Are you excited or will it be hard to go back?

Okay it's bedtime here in NY! Take care ya all.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Shann

Post by Shann » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:24 pm

Becky I'll keep your friend's grandma in my prayers. I often hear that when one spouse dies and they've been together a long time the other one will follow. I don't know too many peoe personally where that happens but it seems almost like a romantic thing especially if they know they're going to heaven. Unfortunately it's not romantic for those left behind. But I'm glad you had a day of fun. I used to love helping my Gma set up her tree(pitiful little artificial thing that it was). But now I have her special ornaments that are probably 80 years old at least that we put on our tree every year.

Oh that reminds me! Chris did the sweetest thing. He brought me home this tiny potted tree for me he said when he saw it it reminded him of the first story I ever wrote when Lyd was five she wanted a story for her birthdayand the moral of the story was the family would get a potted tree and decorate it then plant it outside. I just thought his gesture was sweet and romantic. Hmm I wonder if I can talk him into confining the romance?? Was that TMI?

Now Im going to bed. ( probably alone but I'll let you know -- now that's TMI!) :mrgreen:
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

BusBoss

Post by BusBoss » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:38 pm

It's almost a full time job just reading what I miss during the day :?

I don't care whether the glass is half full or half empty. I want to know what's in the glass!

One of these days I will stop biting the bullet ... I will put it back in my gun and shoot

Return to “The Water Cooler”