Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

AnneRene'
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Post by AnneRene' » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:55 pm

Hey FRIEND-BOBS...gotta go take Bosco Boy to the park but only 10 more pages until we hit 600! :superhappy :superhappy :superhappy :superhappy :superhappy :superhappy

IvyKat

Post by IvyKat » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:03 pm

Hey Shenannikins, I have an idea. What if we make a dummy account on here like they did with the Mystery whatever thing (you can tell I know what I'm talking about :lol:), give everyone the username and password, and let everyone use it to send messages of love? We could do the same thing with a Facebook account. If you don't feel like it I can set it up.
~ Ivy ~ Ivypie ~ Sweet Pea ~ Fred ~ Harvey ~ Irving ~ Irvs ~

That Penguin Girl (my blog)

I hear in my mind, all of these voices.
I hear in my mind, all of these words.
I hear in my mind, all of this music.
And it breaks my heart, it breaks my heart.
~Regina Spektor

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:14 pm

IvyKat wrote:Hey Shenannikins, I have an idea. What if we make a dummy account on here like they did with the Mystery whatever thing (you can tell I know what I'm talking about :lol:), give everyone the username and password, and let everyone use it to send messages of love? We could do the same thing with a Facebook account. If you don't feel like it I can set it up.
I thought of that, too! I just keep forgetting to mention it. :P

Ouch. Trying to fill out these disability forms. Like fifteen pages of them. Hurts to hold a pen that long. Taking a break. I gotta study for my math test, too. I got a ten day extension for the forms, though, so that's good.

OK, I guess I'll go ahead and let them give Mark L. my email address.
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

Iam4Him
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Post by Iam4Him » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:25 pm

(groan) I can't believeI wrote that terrible post the other day. I was even censored-how embarrassing. I know the word was crude, but didn't know it was a no-no with Big Sister. Anyhow, just try to forget it all. I know there are so many worse off than me. I just wish I could get out of this deep black hole. I've always been able to before. I just feel hopeless, helpless, useless, broken.

This forum is sooo upbeat-please forgive me for casting a shadow. Now I'm going back to the hole I slimed out of.
They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as eagles... Isaiah 40:31

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:34 pm

It was censored? I didn't even pay attention to the word. Patty, none of us are perfect and I don't think it was a big deal. This group is all about supporting each other through the hard times. Yes, we joke around and have fun but also cry and whine and offer lots of hugs and prayer. Please stick around. I think you'll fit right in.

IvyKat

Post by IvyKat » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:28 pm

Iam4Him wrote:(groan) I can't believeI wrote that terrible post the other day. I was even censored-how embarrassing. I know the word was crude, but didn't know it was a no-no with Big Sister. Anyhow, just try to forget it all. I know there are so many worse off than me. I just wish I could get out of this deep black hole. I've always been able to before. I just feel hopeless, helpless, useless, broken.

This forum is sooo upbeat-please forgive me for casting a shadow. Now I'm going back to the hole I slimed out of.
PATTY! Don't even think that for ONE SECOND. What do you think we're here for? Just to make jokes and fool around? NO, we're here to comfort, uplift and love our brothers and sisters in Christ. IF YOU ARE GOING THROUGH SOMETHING YOU NEED TO TELL US. (I'm putting everything in caps, not because I'm shouting at you, but because I want you to understand how important this is.)

With that said, I love you and I hope things go better for you. :hugs2
~ Ivy ~ Ivypie ~ Sweet Pea ~ Fred ~ Harvey ~ Irving ~ Irvs ~

That Penguin Girl (my blog)

I hear in my mind, all of these voices.
I hear in my mind, all of these words.
I hear in my mind, all of this music.
And it breaks my heart, it breaks my heart.
~Regina Spektor

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:32 pm

Iam4Him wrote:(groan) I can't believeI wrote that terrible post the other day. I was even censored-how embarrassing. I know the word was crude, but didn't know it was a no-no with Big Sister. Anyhow, just try to forget it all. I know there are so many worse off than me. I just wish I could get out of this deep black hole. I've always been able to before. I just feel hopeless, helpless, useless, broken.

Well, I for one missed it! So who censored you? I'll guarantee it wasn't as bad as what I posted once and it was directed at Pup but I couldn't read the itty bitty words in the picture and Barb told me....and boy did I FREAK! :heehee
Seriously...it was WAY BAD. And ditto what Amy said....so slime back OUT OF THAT HOLE and put up with us! Don't make me come over there 'cuz it's close to Beakers and I will do it! Besides...you're not a downer....you're just 'in' a downer but it won't last, especially if you stick around here. Well, it may last longer than you want but you'll get through it with so much more lifting up if you allow us to be our obnoxious selves. Your meds are off cutie and gonna pray that God shows that Dr. what WILL work and the insurance will pay for. Don't know if you're on Medicaid or Medical but the pharmacist can figure out what they will cover that's close. So, also coming against the devil coming against you Patty and rebuking his presence and power in your home and life and reminding him of the precious blood of Christ you are saturated with. Hang in there and allow us to love you through this.

Shann

Post by Shann » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:46 pm

Holly I want that puppy for my therapy dog!!!

I made dinner tonight. I had saudade mushrooms spinach in olive oil and garlic then added chicken breast and spaghetti noodles. It was really good. So I did eat today!
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Shann

Post by Shann » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:53 pm

IvyKat wrote:

PATTY! Don't even think that for ONE SECOND. What do you think we're here for? Just to make jokes and fool around? NO, we're here to comfort, uplift and love our brothers and sisters in Christ. IF YOU ARE GOING THROUGH SOMETHING YOU NEED TO TELL US. (I'm putting everything in caps, not because I'm shouting at you, but because I want you to understand how
important this is

With that said, I love you and I hope things go better for you.

:hugs2

DITTO
Patty if you think this thread was all about roses and sunshine that I would still be here???

Every single one of us has gone through a funk at one time or another. I even posted a couple of semi suicide notes cuz I figured I was just a useless blob. The outpouring of live I felt was incredible!

If you go back and read a few dozen pages you'll see we worry and check on each other often. If we haven't heard from someone for a day or two we start calling their name and PMing then FB stalking or texting or phone calls. We all know what it's like to feel the darkness so don't be embarrassed we truly are a family here for the good and bad.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Shann

Post by Shann » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:57 pm

Sparrow wrote:
IvyKat wrote:Hey Shenannikins, I have an idea. What if we make a dummy account on here like they did with the Mystery whatever thing (you can tell I know what I'm talking about :lol:), give everyone the username and password, and let everyone use it to send messages of love? We could do the same thing with a Facebook account. If you don't feel like it I can set it up.
I thought of that, too! I just keep forgetting to mention it. :P

Ouch. Trying to fill out these disability forms. Like fifteen pages of them. Hurts to hold a pen that long. Taking a break. I gotta study for my math test, too. I got a ten day extension for the forms, though, so that's good.

OK, I guess I'll go ahead and let them give Mark L. my email address.
That sounds so good my intentions are there but I'm just not feeling that great. But let's give it a day or two to see how everyone feels. I would have no clue how to do it so I'd need help for sure :D
Shann

Shann's Profile

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:00 pm

Shann wrote:Holly I want that puppy for my therapy dog!!!

I made dinner tonight. I had saudade mushrooms spinach in olive oil and garlic then added chicken breast and spaghetti noodles. It was really good. So I did eat today!
Yummy....Yummmy...Yummmmy!Now THAT sounds good!Image

What was it? A thought maybe a shitzu? There Patty, feel better...I'm swearing and it's LEGAL! :heehee

Shann

Post by Shann » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:06 pm

So Amy I empathize with those disability forms!! I'm still fighting the insurance company and I have so many forms to fill out.

I also finally listened to you singing in church. It was awesome. I'd love to see a video of you signing a song sometime. I've seen Em do it and she wasn't as experienced as you are and it moved me to tears.

So Becky why are you running away? Aren't we fun anymore? We'll have to make sure we initiate you and Patty fully and devote a few days to ask you questions so we can really get to know everything about you. Important things to like do you pick your nose and what do you do to jazz up tomato soup.

Tiara where are you I thought you were gonna be around more now that NaNo is over! You better be working on a challenge story!!!!

Hello to everyone else. You guys are the best!! I love ya all and am blessed you're a part of my life.
Shann

Shann's Profile

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:06 pm

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooh BEAKERS.....WHERE ARE YOU?

Pleeeeeeeeeeease come out and play....I miss you and don't know what's wrong and want to make you feel better, so now you not coming out to play in cyber playland, I'm not feeling better...it's contagious, so where the heck are you?

BTW...could you take a picture of the Polar Bear decoration in your front yard....I really would LOVE to see it.

Hey guys...only 9 more pages til 600 pages. :superhappy :superhappy :superhappy :superhappy :superhappy :superhappy

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:08 am

Shann wrote:I'd love to see a video of you signing a song sometime.
I'll see what I can do. I keep meaning to try to get one recorded, but I don't have a video camera. I do have a video posted on FaceBook of me signing a children's story from a few years ago. It doesn't have any English, though, just is ASL.

Someday I want to create a story and sign it, voice act it, and put it in English captions so people can enjoy the whole experience or whatever part of it they can, for Deaf, blind, or signing-impaired. :lol:
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:29 am

So Miss Amy...I went back and looked at the video and it looked liked you had a big honking diamond earring on your right ear (I guess it's an ear piece of some sort?) Anyway...I lol-ed! AND I thought you said something but I can't find it about borrowing an aunts earrings or was that someone else?

AND... :heehee I WANT BEAKERS TO HEAR THIS....'cuz she's not the only one who get's called the wrong name...you did it again...you called me Leonie...BUT it's all good, makes me laugh but about the shingles thing....no I wasn't joking but it never got worse THANK GOD and as for the spelling...I was hurting so typing was a bit of a struggle and I had taken 2 benadryl so was sleepy so I wasn't spelling good, etc.

Return to “The Water Cooler”