Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

LStanley
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Post by LStanley » Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:55 pm

I am gonna go check out Crater Lake. Be back soon!!!
Leonie (My friends call me Blueberry (or was it Boobelly?))

http://www.stanley1126.wordpress.com

b24bomb
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Post by b24bomb » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:04 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:Gone two weeks of the vacation....? and how long is the holiday vacation these days?
It's about a month. :D
IvyKat wrote:
LStanley wrote:I sooooooo did not know that nerds have an obsessive interest in all things useless. According to my knowledge THEY are the SMART people.

Yes, that's what we do -- we read Wikipedia for fun. Although in my day it was the dictionary. :roll: As we get older, we generally specialize to one particular field (in my case linguistics) although we continue to read webcomics and giggle at Keyboard Cat.
I used to read the encyclopedia for fun. I'd get strange looks, but I thought it was interesting stuff.

Lauren Bombardier

I always thought I was strange until I discovered FW. Now I know its just cause I'm a writer. ~ Julie Ruspoli

"Why do books have to have so many pictures? It's annoying!" ~ Sierra, age 9

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:07 pm

Sparrow wrote:
LStanley wrote:BTW I am not really that smart I read it on the web Oregon.com :oops: :P :oops:
Part of being smart is knowing how to find the info you need. ;) :mrgreen:

So I took my shower last night and went to bed with my hair damp so I would have silky wavy hair for the play today. Instead, I tossed and turned all night (no, I wasn't nervous just sore and couldn't sleep well) and now my hair is a frizzy mess. :orangeyes I don't feel very well, either. All well, maybe I can fix the hair with a curling iron and at least the headache with an Advil.
My hair was a frizzy mess this morning too but I straightened it with my flat iron and now it's all smooth and straight and BEAUTIMOUS! Even my friend said my hair looked amazing today. :lol:

Oh and Holly, I am with you! I think I should move to Oregon too... at least I have family there. :mrgreen:
Dum Spiro Spero

LStanley

Post by LStanley » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:20 pm

Rebecky wrote: Oh and Holly, I am with you! I think I should move to Oregon too... at least I have family there. :mrgreen: [/color]
Hey I thought I was to book your ticket to SA???? :wink:

LStanley

Post by LStanley » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:29 pm

I give you CRATER LAKE, OREGON. Wow it is beautiful!!

IvyKat

Post by IvyKat » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:11 pm

AnneRene' wrote:it was so * * * * * * * (for those of you who don't know....NOT a swear word...it was surfer talk growing up)...
My stepdad used to say that, and all us kids would look at each other and giggle madly... he grew up in LA and really had to clean out his language when he became a Christian and had four young un's listening to every word. :D

And ooooooo, I wish I could go to Crater Lake. Maybe next summer!
~ Ivy ~ Ivypie ~ Sweet Pea ~ Fred ~ Harvey ~ Irving ~ Irvs ~

That Penguin Girl (my blog)

I hear in my mind, all of these voices.
I hear in my mind, all of these words.
I hear in my mind, all of this music.
And it breaks my heart, it breaks my heart.
~Regina Spektor

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:11 pm

LStanley wrote:
Rebecky wrote: Oh and Holly, I am with you! I think I should move to Oregon too... at least I have family there. :mrgreen: [/color]
Hey I thought I was to book your ticket to SA???? :wink:
Oh you remember that? :lol:

my bad...

Well maybe I should stay home so I don't hurt anyone's feelings. :wink:
Dum Spiro Spero

Shann

Post by Shann » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:20 pm

Rebecky wrote:
AnneRene' wrote:Hey guys...Shannikins just told me she was going to bed for the night...so who's in for bets? I bet she'll be on two more times before midnight! :heehee
Hmm... You guys talking away from us? I feel so left out. teehee. Okay I'm just teasing.

I think Shann will be back on at least once if that tonight. :mrgreen:
Ha I proved you all wrong and I didn't even get on and read what you all said. Honest!! Of course I wouldn't have posted if I had but this is the first time I've been on all day!

Now with Patty popping in and Becky and of course me we Northeasterners are going to overcome you Pacific folks. Plus we get Leonie and Kara as part of our oddball package.

Why? Because I said so!!

I just spent the last hour or so reading stories. I'm trying to read them without looking at the hints but I have level 3 read so I might go peek. Bit you all cancomment on mine The Teddy Bear and Pups is the first in level 3. I don't know if anyone else on here entered this week.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Iam4Him
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Post by Iam4Him » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:08 pm

Hi again, Pacific guys

Yeah, Pup, nobody needs to explain to me about you guys-I've had EXPERIENCE with you rascals. :)

Well, Shann, I'm back again but don't know how long. You know how lousy I've been doing all this year. Mostly now I just stay in bed, not only due to this depression, but wrapped up in a sleeping bag is the only way I can stay warm in this junky place. I put the birds in a little room (more like a closet) with an electric heater but have to get up and check on them all the time-our electric goes off so often here-the heater doesn't automatically turn back on when the power comes back.

My family and I are still estranged, but I emailed my daughter and told her I wouldn't be able to send the grandkids anything for Christmas this year. Money shouldn't be so important, but it is.

The doctor put me on a new anti-depressant, but it's not working. The one he wanted to put me on isn't covered, so he's just going to up the dose to see if that works. 30 years is enough of this ****.

I don't know how you stay so upbeat, Shann, with all you go through, and I envy your ability to reach out to people, but I've been a hermit too long I guess.

Yikes-I hate whiners and I still can't force myself to cry on other shoulders, so that's all the info I'm going to impart.

What happened to the challenge? So few entries, maybe I should try writing again. Nah, my muse took off a long time ago. :)

Love and blessings to all,
Patty-no-knickname
They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as eagles... Isaiah 40:31

Shann

Post by Shann » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:46 pm

Patty feel free to come here and say what's on your mind anytime you need to. We've all been through hard times and at times just want to give up. I think that's part of why this little group works so well. We get each other. We've all been there and we know that sometimes it's easier to want to give up but we know that we are here for some greater purpose. I wish you could get back into your writing. It helps me so much. Know we love you already and would feel empty if you didn't check back in with us. Once we welcome you in you're family and you can't get rid of us!

Okay I'm off to bed! No taking bets tonight to see if I'll be back :shock:
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:59 am

OH Wow...the devil is mad! I wrote you a long post Miss Max and for the first time in like FOREVER...my computer froze up, had to go down and lost it all. BUT...the little whimp isn't gonna win!

Anyway...don't ever feel like your whining. You're not alone in fighting your lows and truth is...it is also SO hard for me to open up but then I realized that if I didn't have these guys to ask for prayer...I wouldn't have anyone in my corner and that's just where the devil wants us and he can't have it his way! We are all blessed when we can lift someone up and are blessed in doing so and then get even more blessed when we're the one in need of prayer. Can't tell you how many times I really and truly felt lifted up after I got the courage to say what's was going on and ask for prayer. Besides, life IS rough and we all have our lows, so even though we all get down and depressed we also get lifted up and revived by confiding in one another. Not necessarily going into detail but that works too. Here's a :hugs2 for you from the bottom of my heart. Also, I'm a diehard critter lover so understand about your concern for your birds.

As for your heat, is it the condition of the place or no wood or not able to pay power bill? Just know that we're all lifting you up through this time and as for the upping of your meds...praying that works. I can only imagine how fed up you are with not finding what works.

Here's an extra special picture to give you a smile and a warm fuzzy in your heart.

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:59 am

Oops.... :oops: Sorry Patty....saw the no nickname AFTER I posted.

tonguethaid

Post by tonguethaid » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:39 am

Hello yous!

Finally back to a world with internet- yay! Who knows, maybe I will even do an entry this month!

I am over 10 pages behind! Anyone care to recap for me so I don't have to go back through it all??? :mrgreen:
♥Kara

“The true harvest of my life is intangible - a little star dust caught, a portion of the rainbow I have clutched” ~ Henry David Thoreau

"If you are a dreamer,come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean-buyer. If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire, for we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" ~ Shel Silverstein

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:51 am

Iam4Him wrote:Patty-no-knickname
AnneRene' wrote:Oops.... :oops: Sorry Patty....saw the no nickname AFTER I posted.
Forget that.. she needs a nick as well as everyone else. You want her to stand out like a Stranger or what. :roll:

And no you can't call her Stranger... every one knows that I am stranger than anyone. :wink:

At work at the moment, waiting to actually start working for the night. Seems rather slow here, and quiet. I guess winter is set in and no one want to go out after dark.

Hey Sparrow? How did the show go, did you all record a video of it for us lowly folks who couldn't make it. :(
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

srashmi

Post by srashmi » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:58 am

LStanley wrote:Hey Seema. It is evening in SA. How was or is your day?
Today was good. Went to church where we are studying the 23rd Psalm. After lunch, went with Sis to a craft fair and then to Kohls where I bought a coat. Now I'm listening to the rain, thunder and Amy Grant's Christmas to Remember before bed.

Return to “The Water Cooler”