Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:59 pm

Awww, so glad Owami is doing well. I'm sure you'll get looks and some discimination from all sorts of people, but you can be confident that this was the best thing for Owami. And I'm sure you'll make sure she doesn't loose her language and culture completely, too.

Pup, sorry the joy got taken out of your story. I still want to see how it ends.

Becky, is your cold better?
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

Rebecky
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Post by Rebecky » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:03 pm

Sparrow wrote: Becky, is your cold better?
Yes and no.
Dum Spiro Spero

Ms. Barbie

Post by Ms. Barbie » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:54 pm

Shann wrote: no I meant the one you were asking for ideas for breads salads and desserts :D maybe party wasn't the right word :?

Oh, well, that event is on Thursday, December 16. Every month I must conduct a staff meeting for inservice training and other stuff. Oftentimes, a few staff will make or bring in a snack. I want to provide a small luncheon for Christmas because I care about them. I don't cook so wanted something easy but yummy to bring. I think so far- Macaroni and Cheese, Corn Bread muffins(home made honey butter) and a side I usually bring that is always a hit at potlucks. - Cottage cheese mixed with pineapple and pistachio pudding. Not really a salad and not really a dessert but it is good! Would still like a veggie side and something with fruit.
Barb Culler

Iam4Him
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Post by Iam4Him » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:11 pm

Hi! :mrgreen:

So many knicknames around here.

Ok, Shann, I stopped in-a baby step, I know.

Hi, Pup and everybody. Hope you all have blessed holidays.

Love,
Patty Pat Trish Patricia Herky Max
They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as eagles... Isaiah 40:31

srashmi

Post by srashmi » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:46 pm

:welcome Patty!

Shann

Post by Shann » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:04 pm

Iam4Him wrote:Hi! :mrgreen:

Love,
. Patty I'm so so so so HAPPY that you dropped in!!! :D you'll fit in with this quirky bunch in no time at all. Just don't get scared off by us and start running screaming in the other direction!!

Okay nicknamers you'll have to ce up for a quirky nickname for Patty as you can probably tell I'm not big into nicknames!
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:05 pm

Love,
Hey Patty....SOOOOOOO GOOOD TO SEE YOU OVER HERE.... Imageour little family is dwindling and we love a BIG FAMILY! :mrgreen: And yep...a lot of nicknames so don't thing you're getting out of it either.....Now I don't be knowing you all that well but I'll bet Pup can come up with a good one. It's just part of the initiation to prove you're as crazy as the rest of us and since ya know Shannikins pretty well, you also know she's our Big Mamma Goofball. I'm a close second.:heehee

Where do you live? Don't worry, we won't make you do our grill quiz...I think we got it outta our blood for awhile but if we do do it again...nobody HAS to do it....although you might git A LOT of begging. Image

Okay...it figures :roll: ...After
I wrote this, I noticed Max is one of your names and I absolutely love it so that's my vote!....yep, I tried saying it out loud and tha'ts the one for me.

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:11 pm

Shann wrote:

Love,
. Patty I'm so so so so HAPPY that you dropped in!!! :D you'll fit in with this quirky bunch in no time at all. Just don't get scared off by us and start running screaming in the other direction!!

Okay nicknamers you'll have to ce up for a quirky nickname for Patty as you can probably tell I'm not big into nicknames!

I LIKE MAX, I DO, I DO, I DO
:mrgreen:

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:19 pm

Welcome Patty (or is it Max)! :)

I hope everyone is having a good evening.

Today we decorated the Christmas tree and outside. We have a big polar bear outside with a scarf and a santa hat. :lol:

We found our old Christmas ornaments and we have a white cat ornament with our white cat's name on it, Blue because he had Blue eyes. I put the ornament on the tree near the top in honor of my Bluey... he died about a couple months ago I think. :cry:
Dum Spiro Spero

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:36 pm

Hey FREIND-BOBS....I'm gonna be tink for awhile....I just don't want to wear my own skin for awhile...still love me insides tho...but just sick to death of my pics, so whenever I get around to a new pic, I'll post it but for now...I just wanna PLAY! And did you notice she's laughing. :heehee I want happy.

Beakers....Awww I'm so sorry about Bluey. The oranament for him is kewl! The Polar Bear is WAY COOL!

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:43 pm

Hey guys...Shannikins just told me she was going to bed for the night...so who's in for bets? I bet she'll be on two more times before midnight! :heehee

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:45 pm

Ms. Barbie wrote:
Shann wrote: no I meant the one you were asking for ideas for breads salads and desserts :D maybe party wasn't the right word :?

Oh, well, that event is on Thursday, December 16. Every month I must conduct a staff meeting for inservice training and other stuff. Oftentimes, a few staff will make or bring in a snack. I want to provide a small luncheon for Christmas because I care about them. I don't cook so wanted something easy but yummy to bring. I think so far- Macaroni and Cheese, Corn Bread muffins(home made honey butter) and a side I usually bring that is always a hit at potlucks. - Cottage cheese mixed with pineapple and pistachio pudding. Not really a salad and not really a dessert but it is good! Would still like a veggie side and something with fruit.
Yuuuuuuuuuuuuum, that pistachio pudding sounds D E L I C I O U S :!:

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:46 pm

Oh Brother....Boy do I feel S T U P I D....I just saw that you live in PA, Max :oops:

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:48 pm

Yeah, it was really sad when he died. My dad even cried.

:cry:

I think I'm going to go to bed very soon. I'm crazy tired.
Dum Spiro Spero

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:50 pm

AnneRene' wrote:Oh Brother....Boy do I feel S T U P I D....I just saw that you live in PA, Max :oops:
OOoh, I have a neighbor then! :)

Nice. =]

Oh yeah I heard you guys talking about Amish a while ago... I've seen a lot of Amish in my lifetime. Just thought I'd mention it.
Dum Spiro Spero

Return to “The Water Cooler”