Can I See My Writing Challenge Ratings?

Frequently asked questions for life at FaithWriters and here in the forums.

Moderators: RedBaron, itsjoanne, RedBaron, itsjoanne, RedBaron, itsjoanne

Deb Porter
FaithWriters and Site Admin
FaithWriters and Site Admin

Can I See My Writing Challenge Ratings?

Post by Deb Porter »

Up until recently, the answer to this was no. The time involved was just too great to try and provide that for everyone who would want it (and probably everyone would). Plus, if we gave exact rankings and ratings to some members, it could be very discouraging, which is the last thing FaithWriters wants to be.

However, in September 2009, we introduced the Ratings Feedback Service, which provides a really good overview of how the judges saw your entry (the strengths and the weaknesses). Each ratings feedback document is about four to five pages long and quite in-depth, providing both an overview of the judges' ratings for your entry, together with valuable editorial insight from me.

This service is provided through the only editing service used and recommended by FaithWriters:

http://www.finessewriting.com.au/FWFeed ... ation.html

Although a small fee is charged for ratings feedback, it will mean the end of wondering what you could have done better.

Also, one free report is given away every topic of the Challenge. This prize is chosen randomly and offered to a Challenge entrant for that topic who has taken time to leave feedback on other Challenge entries for that same topic. We hope that this little prize will encourage more people to become active feedback givers, as the giving and receiving of feedback on Challenge entries is one of the highlights of entering the Challenge.
Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator
Breath of Fresh Air Press

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

Return to “FAQ”