Online Writing Partner

Looking for a Christian writers' group in your area or have a group of your own? Use this forum to make the connection with other writers.

Moderators: RedBaron, RedBaron, RedBaron

musicabonita
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Online Writing Partner

Post by musicabonita »

I wasn't sure where to post this. This seemed like the most logical place but if there is a better place to put it please let me know.

I feel like God has placed it on my heart to look for a writing accountability partner on this forum. I love to write but I get easily distracted and I know I'm not the only one. I would like an online writing accountability partner so we can help keep each other on track and get our projects done in a timely manner.

I'm thinking we could email, text (or whatever you are comfortable with), have a shared Google docs account or Skydrive where we can see each others projects and spur each other on to finish those projects.

If anyone is interested please either PM me or reply to this here. I wouldn't even mind if there were several people. I could be a group accountability thing. Just throwing ideas out there. I'm open. I've been praying about this and if someone here has been praying for something like this, please get in contact with me.

Thank you all for reading!

Oh by the way, my name is Nicky!
Shann

Re: Online Writing Partner

Post by Shann »

There are a few challenge buddy groups about, but I've noticed lately that when people post looking for someone they don't reply often. I was in one a while ago, but we weren't entering the challenge as often or we tended (mainly me) to procrastinate and not have time to send it to others to proof before the deadline.

I'm quite busy right now, but I might know some people who might be interested. What type of genre is your specialty? I know a couple of people who would prefer working with men, though I don't think it's written in stone. How often do you want to write? Have you tried the challenge yet? For me, having that deadline has made a huge difference in how much I write as well as how often.

You may want to go to the writing challenge and read some of the stories. If you feel a connection with that person, then send them a PM (just click on their name or if challenge story at top right, there is an opportunity to click on send this person a personal message. The worst that could happen is they wouldn't answer or say no. I know more people are looking for writing groups and think that's your best shot.

You also might want to post it in the Open Forum or Water Cooler because they tend to get a bit more traffic.

GGood luck. I'll try to point some people in this direction too. I think it's an awesome idea. :D
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child
musicabonita
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by musicabonita »

Thank you Shann! You've been so helpful in just the short time period I've been on here!

I will take your suggestions and post on one of the other forums to see anyone is interested. Good idea. I just wasn't sure if I could do that. I wanted to post in a somewhat relevant forum but it seems like it would be okay in the Open forum.

I will also look at the Challenges and see if my heart is leading me a certain way.

Good ideas and thanks again!
Shann

Post by Shann »

I actually think I found someone who is interested. I'm going to direct him to this post and see if you too can work it out. His name is Jay. :D
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child
musicabonita
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by musicabonita »

Okay great! Thanks!

Return to “Christian Writers' Groups”