Tampa Bay Florida Writer's Group

Looking for a Christian writers' group in your area or have a group of your own? Use this forum to make the connection with other writers.

Moderators: RedBaron, RedBaron, RedBaron

edsel
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Tampa Bay Florida Writer's Group

Post by edsel »

Is there an active writer's group in the Tampa Bay area? I live near St Petersburg but would be happy to travel a little from time to time.

Thanks!
Doug/DDE

I Chronicles 16:11 "Seek the LORD and his strength, seek his face continually."

Psalms 37:25 "I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread."
writelady
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Re: Tampa Bay Florida Writer's Group

Post by writelady »

I don't run a christian group, however, I do teach creative writing and maintain my christian witness.I teach at several community centers in the area. If one interests you join us for a class.

ongoing thursday weekly classes - at Largo Community Center, Largo, Fl on alt keene road.
10A-12Noon, Craig Dolan, activities manager. 727-518-3131 or tarpon springs center at walton ave,
director, Margie Pritchard, 727-942-5608 ( this one starts in Sept) Tuesdays 10A-12 noon.
Also in Sept will be Safety Harbor and New Pt. Richey. You can email me at [email protected] if you want more info. Remember this is secular so I have allow other than Christian material, however having said that I will NOT allow any offensive stuff in my classes.
edsel
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by edsel »

Thank you! I will try to work something out to attend. I was hoping for maybe an evening or Saturday meeting since I work during the day.

I'll send you an email.

Thanks,
Doug/DDE

Psalms 37:25 "I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread."
Lamplighter
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by Lamplighter »

Have you heard about Word Weavers? It's a Christian writers' critique group and there are several in Florida (including one in Tampa). I belong to Word Weavers WNY (Western New York) chapter. Word Weavers has recently been incorporated into the Christian Writers Guild but you can join Word Weavers without joining Guild. Here is the link to the organization for your information. http://www.wordweaversonline.com
Good luck to you,
Sue
Writing for His glory,
Sue
Blog: Road to Emmaus - both at
http://susanledoux.net
edsel
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by edsel »

Thank you Sue!

I have heard of them and will definitely look into this. Thanks for the information.
Doug/DDE

jjmcdade
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by jjmcdade »

I have a problem and need some help, but first here's the backdrop. I have spent the last 6 years studying religion, science, atheism, history, sociology, etc., full time. For the last year, I've been trying to organize it and I'm nowhere close. I cannot describe how much evidence I've accumulated. However, I do have a website where I have posted just some of the literature. What I have is a giant web of evidence and sources with no way to articulate it. I can honestly say that of all the websites I've visited that defend Christianity, my collection far exceeds theirs and is based off reliable scientific sources (most who are not Christian or show a obvious religious bias), I'm not boosting, it just is. My problem, I'm self-taught on everything. I need to articulate and condense everything. Take a look at the website, it's only sources and it's nowhere close to everything I have. I'm an apologist best friend, I've already done all the research and I don't want nothing in return for it. We are losing a lot of Christians (mostly kids) to lies, so I've been passionate about this for a long time. I'm also self-taught on websites and videos, which a video on this is next (in which I will need someone with a clear, young adult voice...I'm getting ahead of myself).

By the way, I live in Tampa by the Base.

The website is goready.org. Thanks, JJ.
DJGray
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by DJGray »

JJ, looked at the site. It is very clean and well designed. I'm at work now and don't have much time to dig in and read anything in great depth, but I'm going to suggest that you articulate your positions more clearly than you think you do.

Perhaps the real key is the "younger voice" you're looking for.
jjmcdade
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by jjmcdade »

Thank you for your reply. There's a lot more to the purpose of needing help, some things I would much rather express in person instead of an open forum. I became a Christian about 10 years, and it wasn't until then that I started learning. In that time, I've learned computers, website design (html, css, and flash), video production (I've produced a few local television shows), music remixing (I host a website dedicated to remixing worship into dance), and study. My point is that I'm intelligent in making sense of things, but not at expressing them. I'm a strong believer in the protestant work ethic (do my work unto God), which is also a problem since I take such a belief to extremes. I have some good gifts that are accompanied by defects. Again, there's much more to that, which I would rather express one on one. What you see on the website are sources, with little context, if any at all. Since everything I offer is based on science and evidence, I can't take the chance of sounding ignorant. I have a lot of good stuff to offer with absolutely no catch, not even credit. I just need someone to hear me out. I have years worth of research with no way to articulate it.

Thank you.

Return to “Christian Writers' Groups”