I'm Not Sure If This Is Allowed...:-)

Find out about any writing contests. Share freelance writing opportunities, writing tips and tricks, as well as your favorite books and software for writers. Share the love.

Moderators: RedBaron, RedBaron, RedBaron

oursilverstrands
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

I'm Not Sure If This Is Allowed...:-)

Post by oursilverstrands »

I don't know if this comes under the heading of Contests, Writing Tips, or No-No Advertising.
I received an e-mail invitation, along with other subscribers, from a well-known Christian literary agent to enter the Christian Writers Super Giveaway. Your chances for winning increase if you share the contest with other writers.

Please let me know if I can post the link.

:thankssign
Lillian
When Youth Fades
Available at: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=when+youth+f ... nb_sb_noss/

Fortunate 500

I have a love affair with words. I write, even when I think I can't. I'm hooked on words!

"Let words bewitch you. Scrutinze them, mull them, savor them, and in combination, until you see their subtle differences and the ways they tint each other." Francis Flaherty
Deb Porter
FaithWriters and Site Admin
FaithWriters and Site Admin

Re: I'm Not Sure If This Is Allowed...:-)

Post by Deb Porter »

Hi Lillian. Is that the Christian Writers Super Bundle Giveaway? If it is, I'm sure that's fine. The only thing is that by entering, you are signing up for the Christian Writers Institute newsletter, so as long as people are aware of that, it's up to them.

Very weird, though. The bottom footnote says "Sweepstakes is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by Christian Writers Institute, nor is Christian Writers Institute associated with the Sweepstakes in any way. You understand that you are providing information to the Sponsor and not to Christian Writers Institute."

Things that make me go "huh?".

Love, Deb
Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator
Breath of Fresh Air Press

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

oursilverstrands

Re: I'm Not Sure If This Is Allowed...:-)

Post by oursilverstrands »

Deb Porter wrote:Hi Lillian. Is that the Christian Writers Super Bundle Giveaway? If it is, I'm sure that's fine. The only thing is that by entering, you are signing up for the Christian Writers Institute newsletter, so as long as people are aware of that, it's up to them.

Very weird, though. The bottom footnote says "Sweepstakes is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by Christian Writers Institute, nor is Christian Writers Institute associated with the Sweepstakes in any way. You understand that you are providing information to the Sponsor and not to Christian Writers Institute."

Things that make me go "huh?".

Love, Deb
Yes, Deb, that's the one. The most logical possibility for your "huh" is the keyword Sweepstakes in the disclaimer. Perhaps CWI owns the Bundle, but takes no responsibility for Sweepstakes/winners, etc.

You're correct. Expect a Newsletter in your inbox, but "unsubscribe" is always an option. :D

Forgot to post the Link. :roll: If anyone's interested, here it is:

https://christianwritersinstitute.com/g ... ?lucky=684

Lillian
When Youth Fades
Available at: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=when+youth+f ... nb_sb_noss/

Fortunate 500

I have a love affair with words. I write, even when I think I can't. I'm hooked on words!

"Let words bewitch you. Scrutinze them, mull them, savor them, and in combination, until you see their subtle differences and the ways they tint each other." Francis Flaherty

Return to “Contests, Writing Tips, Tools, and Freelance Opportunities”