Looking for Writing Opportunities

Find out about any writing contests. Share freelance writing opportunities, writing tips and tricks, as well as your favorite books and software for writers. Share the love.

Moderators: RedBaron, RedBaron, RedBaron

jerrypittsjr
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Looking for Writing Opportunities

Post by jerrypittsjr »

I am looking for writing opportunities for a Christian Magazine, Website, ect. Pay is not important. I have a good job. As a new writer I am more looking for the exposure and opportunities pursue my passion in writing. I currently write a daily devotion on my blog. Here is a link if anyone wants to see a sample of my writing skills http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=66636

My bio: I am a Recruiting & Staffing Professional who graduated from Mississippi College in 1998 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Christian Studies & Philosophy. I am also a proud veteran who served for 15 years in the MS Army National Guard and U.S. Army during Operation Desert Storm. Additionally, I am a licensed, ordained minister of the Gospel, who volunteers my time running the internet ministry for a local Church, and also do supply preaching in our local area. My passion is writing. In the aftermath of the death of our youngest son, I wrote my first book in 2011 titled, Reflections: My Personal Journey. I have a FREE PDF version of my book for anyone who would to read my story. It is essentially my life's testimony and the amazing works God has done in and through my life. You can PM here for the link or to [email protected]. Since the conclusion of my book my wife has been in a very long battle with cervical cancer. The website link above is where I write about our journey and other words of encouragement the Lord places on my heart.
Last edited by jerrypittsjr on Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
RedBaron

Re: Looking for Writing Opportunities

Post by RedBaron »

If you have a FW 500 Membership, there are often writing opportunities sent through the Private Message system (not the one on the forum). You could also look into the Christian Writer's Market Guide http://stuartmarket.com/

There are sometimes other opportunities posted here in the forum :)
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

"...hunt like a spider..." Cori - FW Con '07
tomoral
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)

Post by tomoral »

Believer Life is accepting submission for its lovely magazine.

You can find out more by going here. http://www.believerlife.com/#!

It is a beautiful, truly inspiring EMagazine. Doesn't pay but there are many fine writers who contribute.
God Bless the beasts and the children
Give them shelter from the storms.
Children are our tomorrow
Keep them daily from the sorrow
Of the beasts in life

http://www.faithwriters.com/websites/my ... p?id=57394
jerrypittsjr
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by jerrypittsjr »

Thank you for the suggestions. I have submitted 5 article to Believer Life and let them know i have many more I can send. We will see what happens.

God bless!
Shann

Post by Shann »

Also FW sends out a daily devotion to over 10,000 emails as well as on its site. Since you write devos, you may want to submit some to them too.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child
jerrypittsjr
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by jerrypittsjr »

Thanks Shann. Where would I submit them to. Is there a link on the site?
Shann

Post by Shann »

http://www.faithwriters.com/devotional.html

That should take you to page
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child
jerrypittsjr
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by jerrypittsjr »

Thanks Shann. I looked at it. If I ever have one under 300 characters I will submit it. I don't think I have one that short. lol Most of mine are 600 characters or more. Thanks for the suggestion though. I really appreciate your attempt to help. God bless!
RedBaron

Post by RedBaron »

jerrypittsjr wrote:Thanks Shann. I looked at it. If I ever have one under 300 characters I will submit it. I don't think I have one that short. lol Most of mine are 600 characters or more. Thanks for the suggestion though. I really appreciate your attempt to help. God bless!
I think it's 300 words, not characters :D That'd be a REALLY short devotional ;)
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

jerrypittsjr
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by jerrypittsjr »

My bad. I meant to say words. Thanks for the clarification. 300 words for me is short. lol Today's post was 619 words and it is one of my shorter ones. I do love to write. lol
RedBaron

Post by RedBaron »

jerrypittsjr wrote:My bad. I meant to say words. Thanks for the clarification. 300 words for me is short. lol Today's post was 619 words and it is one of my shorter ones. I do love to write. lol
I knew that was what you meant, just having some fun. And word count can be a challenge for writers :D.
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

Deb Porter
FaithWriters and Site Admin
FaithWriters and Site Admin

Post by Deb Porter »

If you haven't already done so, it would be good to get into the habit of entering the weekly Writing Challenge. It's great experience at writing to topic, word count and deadline, and it is a good way to hone skills and possibly be discovered.

Blessings!

Deb
Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator
Breath of Fresh Air Press

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

jerrypittsjr
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by jerrypittsjr »

Thanks. I have entered two thus far. I guess the results of the first one I entered will be announced tomorrow.
tomoral
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)

Post by tomoral »

Glad you're getting into Faithwriters. So happy to have your talent and faith here among us!
God Bless the beasts and the children
Give them shelter from the storms.
Children are our tomorrow
Keep them daily from the sorrow
Of the beasts in life

http://www.faithwriters.com/websites/my ... p?id=57394
jerrypittsjr
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by jerrypittsjr »

Thanks my sweet sister in Christ. I love sharing my passion for writing with others.

Return to “Contests, Writing Tips, Tools, and Freelance Opportunities”