Writing For The Soul

Find out about any writing contests. Share freelance writing opportunities, writing tips and tricks, as well as your favorite books and software for writers. Share the love.

Moderators: RedBaron, RedBaron, RedBaron

iRoswell
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Writing For The Soul

Post by iRoswell »

I recently read, Writing For The Soul, by Jerry Jenkins, and found it to be encouraging, and at the same time, educational.

The way he talks about his own experiences in journalism, as well as writing fiction and non-fiction, really gives you a birds eye view of what it's like to be a writer. It reads like a novel, rather than being bogged down with a lot of technical jargon, so it's an easy read.

I liked how he inserted little snippets of his encounters with people he has interviewed for some of his books. If your interested in writing biographies, you will really enjoy that aspect of the book.

It gives you down to earth, practical advice on every aspect of writing. It's not exhaustive, but very well rounded.

Over all, I think it's a great tool to have on your bookshelf.

Thanks for reading,
Joseph
"Reality doesn't care if you believe in it."
Boba Fett
tomoral
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)

Re: Writing For The Soul

Post by tomoral »

I was taken in right away by the title of your thread. Since I started writing a year ago, my soul has grown so much stronger as well as my faith. I am so grateful I lived long enough to find my calling in life.

The book sounds excellent; like something I would enjoy.

:thankssign

Blessings, Lynn
God Bless the beasts and the children
Give them shelter from the storms.
Children are our tomorrow
Keep them daily from the sorrow
Of the beasts in life

http://www.faithwriters.com/websites/my ... p?id=57394
iRoswell
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Re: Writing For The Soul

Post by iRoswell »

I'm also glad you lived long enough to share your work with us! God is so good!!!
"Reality doesn't care if you believe in it."
Boba Fett

Return to “Contests, Writing Tips, Tools, and Freelance Opportunities”