Concept to Contract

Find out about any writing contests. Share freelance writing opportunities, writing tips and tricks, as well as your favorite books and software for writers. Share the love.

Moderators: RedBaron, RedBaron, RedBaron

oursilverstrands
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Concept to Contract

Post by oursilverstrands »

Writing the Non-fiction Book: Concept to Contract by David E. Fessenden is a must read for writers who plan to publish a book. Although the book focuses on non-fiction, there's plenty of good advice for the fiction writer.

The book is an easy to follow roadmap that takes you from that initial inspirational idea to doing the research, writing the outline and proposal, and finally, to fine-tuning your manuscript.

Highly recommended!
When Youth Fades
Available at: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=when+youth+f ... nb_sb_noss/

Fortunate 500

I have a love affair with words. I write, even when I think I can't. I'm hooked on words!

"Let words bewitch you. Scrutinze them, mull them, savor them, and in combination, until you see their subtle differences and the ways they tint each other." Francis Flaherty
itsjoanne

Re: Concept to Contract

Post by itsjoanne »

Sounds like a good one!
Just curious, is it geared toward self-publication or traditional? Or a bit of both?
Joanne Sher
FaithWriters Writing Challenge Coordinator
FaithWriters Blogger
FaithWriters Blog
My Profile
My Site
Me on Facebook
oursilverstrands

Re: Concept to Contract

Post by oursilverstrands »

:typing2 Joanne,

The title holds the clue, but since the author emphasizes excellence in writing rather than publishing, I assume it could apply to both. Yes, there is a chapter that talks about contracts and one about proposals. That said, if an author is interested in writing a GOOD, marketable book, then most of the information can easily be adapted to self-publishing.

As one endorsement read: "helpful, humoroous, and honest, Concept to Contract is more like a comprehensive conversation on conceiving and crafting a quality book than a stiff, starchy how-to-write-a-book book."

Blessings,

Lillian
When Youth Fades
Available at: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=when+youth+f ... nb_sb_noss/

Fortunate 500

I have a love affair with words. I write, even when I think I can't. I'm hooked on words!

"Let words bewitch you. Scrutinze them, mull them, savor them, and in combination, until you see their subtle differences and the ways they tint each other." Francis Flaherty

Return to “Contests, Writing Tips, Tools, and Freelance Opportunities”