To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Hire
Writers
Editors
Home Read What's New Join
Faith
Writers
Forum
My Account Login
Shop
Save
Support
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

On the hunt for beta readers/critique buddies

If Fiction is your forte, this is the forum for you. This is the place to share information and get help on the road to writing the next great novel.

Moderators: RedBaron, itsjoanne, Sparrow

rcthebanditqueen
Pencil 4 (150-199 Posts)
Pencil 4 (150-199 Posts)

On the hunt for beta readers/critique buddies

Postby rcthebanditqueen » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:59 pm

Hey all,

I have a short novel draft of about 30,000 words, and a shorter (11,000-ish words) story, for which I would really like to find some critique-ers if possible. I am game to do the same for anyone else who needs a critique partner.

(I wasn't sure exactly how to compose this type of post, so I just sort of made a stab at it...)

Any takers? :sofa

DeriboyUK
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Re: On the hunt for beta readers/critique buddies

Postby DeriboyUK » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:21 pm

Hi Rachel,

It would be helpful if you could state your genre and a brief summary of what your fiction stories are about.
I am interested, having been a sub-editor for four years, but I don't want to commit if it outside if my areas of interest.

Blessings.

rcthebanditqueen
Pencil 4 (150-199 Posts)
Pencil 4 (150-199 Posts)

Re: On the hunt for beta readers/critique buddies

Postby rcthebanditqueen » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:56 pm

Both are in the Western genre. I say 'in the Western genre' instead of 'Western' to differentiate them from the many modern Westerns which I have tried to read and which are trashy (sexual content, off-putting language, horror-level gore, etc.). I don't like writing trash. (But there are different definitions of what is trash.)

One is about two brothers who get lost in the desert and stumble onto a ranching operation that covers up a bunch of underhanded deals, and one is about a has-been lawyer whose friend digs him out of retirement to defend a wrongly accused prisoner.

Return to Fiction Forum