Disappearing Forums

Hello FaithWriters,

We greatly appreciate your membership and support. Unfortunately, the forums have been inactive for quite awhile. We have tried to improve activity and have given the forums a lot of time to recover some of their past glory, to no avail. Much of this decline has been from peoples use of social media sites for interaction instead of forums like ours. Therefore, we have made the decision to make this area a place for information about the site with limited posting areas for members. We apologize if this change is not what you wanted to see.

Members should post their articles and Bible studies on the main site as we always intended. Articles and comments can be posted there.

Moderators: mikeedwards, itsjoanne, RedBaron, beaedwards

oursilverstrands
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Disappearing Forums

Post by oursilverstrands » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:00 pm

Okay, now they're laughing on both posts. That's better. :superhappy

Lillian
E-Book - Retirement Lane - How to Celebrate Life After 60
https://grammyspen.com
Fortunate 500

I write even when I think I can't, because I must. :-)

I love to write. Nothing escapes the crush I have on the written word. I'm hooked on words!!

"Let words bewitch you. Scrutinze them, mull them, savor them, and in combination, until you see their subtle differences and the ways they tint each other." Francis Flaherty

Shann

Post by Shann » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:25 pm

I didn't even think about looking at the number of posts. I remember being excited to get to 11111 because I have always been crazy about 11, even planning (in my youth of having a baby on 11-11-11 at 11-11 and weighing 11-11. (I told you it was when I was younger. Having a baby at 46 would have been hard enough let alone a 11-11 pound one!) :mrgreen:

I have heard from Mike that they may keep a few of the fun threads along with the prayer ones. I think one of the best ways to keep forums going is to post on multiple ones so that when new people come, it won't look bad that there are so many old posts. I'm not a big fan of FB even though I'm on it so I rarely read posts or post things myself. I mainly use it for the games so I understand exactly What you're saying Shari.

I also remember when we would get excited about the pencil colors, trying to get to the next color based on posting. Of course now that was before I had the moderator pencil. I was sad they didn't have purple pencils, so Miss Barbie made me one for my avator. I also remember arguing if biggest pencil was orange or yellow. We agreed it was school bus colored. Sigh I miss those people on FW , Pup, Bus Boss, Sparrow, Shelley, Leah. But good times are ahead and I need to look toward that rather than mourn the pass.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

oursilverstrands

Post by oursilverstrands » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:48 pm

Shann, I notice your number of posts hasn't change. :D

Lillian
Fortunate 500

I love to write. Nothing escapes the crush I have on the written word. I'm hooked on words!!

"Let words bewitch you. Scrutinze them, mull them, savor them, and in combination, until you see their subtle differences and the ways they tint each other." Francis Flaherty

Shann

Post by Shann » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:14 pm

I think it was even higher. But my memory isn't the best.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

deejay

Post by deejay » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:07 pm

I miss Pup--where is he?--Dub, BusBoss, KingPhatCow (That one goes way back), and others, like Sparrow. Wonder how things are with her condition and her fella? I had done some more research on the story I had hoped would be a new endless story, and now it's gone. :cry2 :cry: :shocked Also used to enjoy how people would use the emojis. *Sigh*

oursilverstrands

Post by oursilverstrands » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:32 pm

Did I quote this correctly?

“The only thing that doesn’t change is change.”

Lillian
Fortunate 500

RedBaron

Post by RedBaron » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:27 pm

Part of the problem is a lot of people stayed insulated in one or two threads. It just got worse as more people headed to Facebook. I try to keep an eye on things, reply to things no and then, but even I don't post here nearly as much as I used to.

It's sad :(.
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

"...hunt like a spider..." Cori - FW Con '07

mikeedwards
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mikeedwards » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:52 am

As the system automatically prunes topics it will remove our old posts. It has already been doing that for years. Now as we remove things, it will reduce the post numbers. It is sad to see the forums so slow as they have been. A change in the forums is part of what is needed to help the site. We have done some SEO work and Faithwriters is showing up again on the first page of many key search terms. This will bring some new people.

Blessings, Michael
We need God's Grace because of God's Truth.

Deb Porter
FaithWriters and Site Admin
FaithWriters and Site Admin

Post by Deb Porter » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:16 pm

mikeedwards wrote:A change in the forums is part of what is needed to help the site. We have done some SEO work and Faithwriters is showing up again on the first page of many key search terms. This will bring some new people.

Blessings, Michael
Mike, that's awesome news. I'm so glad to hear it. SEO is one of those annoying necessities for a site like FaithWriters, so it's great to see we're back on the first page for the key searches.

Love, Deb
Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator
Breath of Fresh Air Press

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

RedBaron

Post by RedBaron » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:49 pm

I've done some SEO work (a friend of mine is the queen of SEO, she has one of the top gardening sites in the world. She makes enough from it that her husband doesn't have to work). I wish I was as good at it as she is LOL.
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

"...hunt like a spider..." Cori - FW Con '07

oursilverstrands

Post by oursilverstrands » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:59 pm

RedBaron wrote:I've done some SEO work (a friend of mine is the queen of SEO, she has one of the top gardening sites in the world. She makes enough from it that her husband doesn't have to work). I wish I was as good at it as she is LOL.

Guess I could look it up, but SEO? I'm guessing Search Engine something. What is the O? And why so important? :?

Lillian
Fortunate 500

Shann

Post by Shann » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:30 pm

You're right about the SE being search engine and the o is for optimization. Here's an article that explains why it's so important :
https://www.reliablesoft.net/what-is-se ... important/
And in case you don't want to click on the link, here's a paragraph from it:
The majority of search engines users are more likely to click on one of the top 5 suggestions in the results pages (SERPS), so to take advantage of this and gain visitors to your web site or customers to your online store you need to in the top positions.
SEO is not only about search engines but good SEO practices improve the user experience and usability of a web site.
Users trust search engines and having a presence in the top positions for the keywords the user is searching, increases the web site’s trust.

(I knew I could never put it in as understanding of a way. For proof look at prior sentence. Teehee :mrgreen:)
Shann

Shann's Profile

oursilverstrands

Post by oursilverstrands » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:50 pm

:thankssign, Shann

Lillian
Fortunate 500

Return to “Forum - Ask Questions About”