The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1963 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/28/06
A challenge to us all and an insight into your personal call. An effective picture of the 'Old City'. Thank you!
07/29/06
The "old city" in this story is in Asia; another "Older City" that is in the middle east HAS been walked on, trampled, bombed, demolished and occupied. Such a sad scene on Planet Earth...and your story tells the sad truth - they don't know Jesus. Well written story.
07/31/06
What a great insight into another culture. There are differences, yet basic needs are the same. A powerful challenge to us all, wherever we are, to do all that we can for the Lord while there is time. Excellent!
08/01/06
Oh, Yes, that we may "leave our comfort zone and go for a walk." Telling others about His name. Amen to this story, and thank you for sharing!
08/01/06
Thank you for taking us along on your "...evening stroll in the 'Old City.'" I throughly enjoyed your story. Your message is simple and inviting. Very nicely written.
08/01/06
This piece is like a long drink of water on a hot day. It leaves you hydrated...refreshed...what a lovely picture you painted with your words. And what a wonderful, poignant message - one we all need to hear. Loved, loved, loved, it. Thanks for sharing your walk.
08/01/06
Very compelling and moving - you certainly motivated ME to move from my comfort zone. Your last two sentences are perfect!
08/01/06
Wonderful, wonderful description--you appealed to all my senses, without falling into adjective abuse. Delightful!
Sounds like a wonderful place to visit, despite the dust. You've painted the picture so well, I feel like I've already been!
08/02/06
Again and wonderful glimpse into the part of the world you're serving. thanks!
08/03/06
Cool! I really liked this one jiejie. Really descriptive, paints a picture of the atmosphere really well, even the smells (made me feel hungry actually!) Inspiring.