The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2478 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/27/06
Excellent! I think the use of the present tense has made the whole thing very immediate and makes you feel what your character feels.
Excellent entry!
04/27/06
This is really beautiful - took me back 14 years to the weeks before my wedding. Loved it.
04/28/06
I liked the present tense until the last paragraph - the shift blew me away. Good job otherwise.
The end left a lump in my throat, well done. I love to hear the voice of purity and righteousness! You shared transparently of the struggle that many face but rarely admit to, thank you.
04/28/06
Very very good. This really was a great scene and the characters were 100% believeable, as were the reactions. The emotion was tight as well. Really very little to pick at ... maybe a couple of words choice preferences, but really nothing ... an award worthy entry!
04/28/06
I'm looking for things to pick at, too, and I'm coming up empty-handed (empty-keyboarded?). This is a very clean, tight piece - and realistic and moving as well! Great job!
04/28/06
This is excellent, well-written, engaging and with a wonderful message. And I was interested to note (though it may reflect a personal prejudice), it was the woman who first felt the temptation, not the man - a little Adam and Eve here?
04/29/06
I know so many people who fall to this temptation. Or others who fell long before and figure that it doesn't matter anymore since they already gave themselves away. So, this was touching. It IS possible to be chaste anew even if one has already sinned. But I ramble! Perfect writing and one of my favorites so far!
04/29/06
I love the way this finishes, with the denim and lace - a perfect ending and a perfect title.

Well done!
Well done - from start to finish an tight, well drawn piece of writing brought to life with real characters and struggles that so many can relate to. God bless.
Well done - from start to finish an tight, well drawn piece of writing brought to life with real characters and struggles that so many can relate to. God bless.
05/01/06
The Author of this delightful entry has made my day; I didn't believe there was a soul left in the world that believed in this type of love. Thank you for showing me how wrong I've been not to believe that the younger generation DOES think of such things as purity and righteousness in this day and age. Nicely done.
Great message and well written. Most of us can identify with the feelings of the characters at one point or another.
I remember feeling that way! Engagement was maddening. Well done!
05/02/06
It figures this one is yours - it's perfect! :) From beginning to end!
05/02/06
Wonderful story! You have captured how wonderful love can be when living for the Lord! Great job.
05/02/06
A very passionate piece, exceptionally and creatively written. A Christian bridal magazine would snatch this up. Superb!
Superb indeed!!! I love the skillful imagery in the details. Masterful is the word! I hope this finds many hearts through many publications.
05/04/06
I can relate as I went through those types of emotions during my engagement. But it was worth every second of waiting! Thanks for writing this.
05/05/06
congratulations Jan - guessed this was you!