The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2749 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Wow! What a powerful telling! Congrats, Jan, and God bless.
08/17/17
I've been lax reading Challenge entries/winners but couldn't resist a peek at yours. I am so glad I did... sniffle sniffle.
I needed your warm snugly entry to startle and encourage me to spend some time reading past weeks Challenges and admire the wonderful talent evident each week!
08/17/17
Great writing as usual Jan!

It's no wonder you're so good at helping people with grammar and tips of how to write...excellent and moving.

Congratulations,

Blessings~
08/17/17
Great writing as usual Jan!

It's no wonder you're so good at helping people with grammar and tips of how to write...excellent and moving.

Congratulations,

Blessings~
08/18/17
Such a warm and tender story.It brought tears to my eyes.

Congratulations on your 1st place story, Jan.
08/25/17
I'm behind in my reading so a belated congratulations.

What a touching story (sniff).
10/02/17
Jan,

Congratulations on 1st place.

Such a touching and heart-warming.

I wish you could throw in an error or two once in a while (lol)

You deserve top honors.
11/04/17
This is lovely.Keep going always.
I always enjoy reading your stories. Thank you and congratulations.
I always enjoy reading your stories. Thank you and congratulations.
07/02/18
I read this one the first time around, but for some reason didn't comment. It's fantastic, Jan! I love reading your writing. Congratulations on your BOB!
07/05/18
What a wonderfully touching story. I am dabbing away tears as I tap out this message.
07/26/18
Thank you for this lovely piece. Every emotion was so wonderfully built upon and I felt the agony of step-mom as she tried to connect with her new daughter as well as her peace in your conclusion. Congratulations!
08/16/18
This step-mom can sure relate, Jan. Different circumstances, but similar challenges. It's worth the struggles. Thanks for sharing this one. And congratulations!
09/07/18
Congratulations for placing 1st place for the year, Jan!

A great bonding experience was finally achieved in an unlikely manner.
10/05/18
I don't know why I didn't comment before on you lovely
tender story. Congratulations on a well deserved lst for 2018.
Wonderful!
02/17/19
This is superb, Jan. I can't quite grasp the patience and evenness with which your story unfolds. My writing is always so heavy and strained, like a train about to derail.

You capture complexities without getting bogged down in the minutia. I can't seem to duplicate the cleanliness.

Wonderful stuff.