The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 548 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
It's so hard to let kids go. My daughters are an hour away and my son is 10 hours away and moving again farther away. Yet, I would have it no other way. I worked so hard to make them independent, and they grew up and left me!

I think because this was based on a true story there are some facts that are important to you that the reader didn't necessarily need. That's always so hard to ascertain though. I was a bit confused why teen siblings would live elsewhere, but then figured they were half siblings. I noticed you had some tense slips too, but they were quite minor.

I think you have a delightful sense of humor. It's subtle, but that's my favorite kind. You seemed to handle the topic well too. I think this was a harder topic for us non-Aussies, but you did a great job. The ending tugged at my heart a bit, which is great. This story was full of positive messages and well told.

07/21/17
You've packed in a lot of strong emotions as they swirl through this piece, in all the changes taking place.
A couple of tense changes caused me to re-read here and there, but overall, it has an air of authenticity.
07/21/17
Intriguing story, nice job with the topic,
Blessings~