The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 874 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/15/16
Congratulations Anne! This is beautiful. My goodness, if not for the heartache attached to it, I would be left hungering for the MC's baked goods.

I typically love endings that hang in unanswered silence. Have to say, though, that this left me feeling a bit uncomfortable...

I hope there is a sequel that at least hints of a godly answer to the dilemma.

But flawless and powerful writing, as always. :)
Wow! This is a power-packed story. Totally different take on the topic, and perfectly done. Congratulations!
12/15/16
Congratulations on your 1st place EC award, Ann.

Hauntingly beautiful piece of writing! You've incorporated all the senses.

Have a Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year!
12/19/16
I love suspense & this did not disappoint. I was engaged from start to finish. Well deserved 1st place finish.
Cngratulations, Ann, on your first place EC for yet another masterful story. Rereading helps me delve deeper in to the subtle nuances of this story. I wish I could spend a day, or even a few hours in your brain. :)
01/14/17
I was brought back to my great grandmother's farm watching her, as a young child, cook everything from scratch. I'd pick vegetables with my great grandfather and bring them to her. I am very thankful that he wasn't a violent man- he was very gentle and full of inspiration.
I know that the pie went in the outhouse and she felt the pain of his fists because she put all of herself into the making of it. Clearly, she desired better for herself and wanted to throw away the pain and regret that she lived with.
Love your writing. You've found a follower in me!
02/08/17
Stunning in its insidious moral dilemma. I think I'll peel my jaw off the rug now. One of the most paradoxically penetrating entries ever.