The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 920 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I knew where this was headed as soon as he started to stir the coals, but love the message and happy ending.
Excellent writing. I like this.
06/18/16
I've never metaphor I didn't like, and I really like this one. Great job.
This is a good story that has a lot of truth in it. I often feel like the MC. Now if I could get hubby to ignore spider (or in his case his beloved computer) and stoke the fire... Of course, perhaps the message is I need to work on the fore myself or at least more with him. I can't tell you how perfect (to the minute) this story arrived for me. I've no doubt God has his fingerprints all over it. Thanks for being obedient.
06/23/16
Jan, as always a joy to read your work!

Congrats...well done!

Blessings~
I'm new at FaithWriters, but not new in recognizing how important the message in your article is to married couples when their children reach college age. You did what many couples refuse to do -- you initiated the first step, you took his hand. You may not like camping but there are many other areas to explore in reuniting love. Happy exploring!
06/23/16
Hi Jan - Loved this! Thanks, and congratulations. Well done.
06/23/16
I love this story. It's one that I'll remember long after reading it. Congratulations on a well deserved win!
06/23/16
Very important to keep them flames burning high. Congrats on your 1st place.
06/23/16
Congratulations Jan on 1st Place in Masters, and 1st Place in Editor's Choice. Job well done. I can smell the ashes...very well written.
06/23/16
Congratulations, Jan, on winning the challenge this week.

Your story sparked the need to build and renew several relationships in my life.

How long does it take you to write a story for the challenge? I have trouble finishing in the allotted time.
06/23/16
"Beauty for Ashes..."
Great work Jan, and congratulations on your win.
I loved everything about this - and you choked me up.
Lovely Jan. Your story had an honest and authentic feel to it. Congratulations on your placing :)
06/24/16
Congratualtions, Jan. I enjoyed your tender story very much and the way it ended in the re-sparking metaphor.
Absolutely beautiful Jan and such an important message! Congrats!
06/25/16
Such a beautiful story. Congratulations, Jan!
06/27/16
Fabulous use of topic and as always a delight to ponder the many layers you weave through your story.
07/01/16
You should be writing a best seller Jan. Your skill is great and so consistent. Love this article.
07/12/16
I'm a bit behind and trying to catch up on my reading. So glad I started with this story!

Wow! What a pleasure to read! Perfect in message and form!