The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 752 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/10/16
I loved this updated parable! I saw as realistic, for this day and age, the Judge’s lack of caring for real justice, tired of the failed system. But I also giggled at the Judges desperate need for peace from the widow’s unending pleas and irritating song! *Fun view of the scripture verse* Well done!
06/13/16
I especially liked the line "sole needed...peace."
06/16/16
Congratulations Noel on 6th place Editor's Choice! Woo Hoo for you!
I enjoyed this. You did a marvelous job of bringing that verse to life in modern ways so people get it better. I also liked your pun at the end. Your stories always make me smile. Congratulations on your EC. Happy Dance!
06/16/16
A strong message and a humorous way of putting it across. A most enjoyable read. Well done on your EC placing.
06/16/16
Congratulations, Noel, on winning 6th place in the EC awards this week.

With your uncanny wit, you've retold a parable I didn't recall ever reading. My favorite line was: The mother of stupidity is always pregnant.
Congratulations on placing in EC
for a fascinating read. I'm still chuckling over the mother of stupidity's pregnancy!
06/17/16
Congratulations, Noel, on your EC place. What a different take on the parable of the widow and the judge, and on this topic!
06/27/16
You possess the uncanny knack of eliciting the biggest grin in anticipation of your next tale. Again not disappointed at the creative and whimsical way you tell your story.
01/19/22
Prior to reading some of your earlier work, it never would’ve occurred to me to use a parable as the basis of an expanded story and bringing that parable truly to life. You inspire me. I love the way you bring the characters to life. The final pun at the end made me chuckle. Well done.