The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1126 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I admit that this one brought tears to my eyes. The pathos and pacing were excellent. I was afraid something had happened during her second deployment, so was most relieved when it turned out to be such a happy, albeit sentimental occasion.
03/18/16
I liked the reflection of Abbi growing up over the years. Two deployments would be tough for any father, but I'm glad she made it back safe and sound.
03/19/16
Nice use of the theme throughout the showing of Abbi Junebug's life. I liked the surprise ending too. I have already flagged your story as a favorite. I hope it does well!
03/22/16
I love sentimental stories, and this was a "big" one.

Being Daddy's little girl reading this made me think of my own amazing late Dad...loved the ending.

I'm such a sucker for "sappy endings."

Blessings~
03/24/16
Congrats Leola!

Your story was my favorite this week...so glad you received a worthy EC. I would have picked this to win everything overall.
Loved it...

Blessings~
03/24/16
Congratulations, Leola, on your well deserved 9th place EC award!
03/25/16
So descriptive and vibrant, with enough pauses to catch your breath (or to make swallowing just a little more difficult.)
Do our kids grow up too fast?But it's harder if they don't grow up at all.
The ending wrapped it up beautifully. Congrats on a well-deserved EC.
04/16/16
I was so relieved that Abbi survived the second deployment and her daddy was reminiscing prior to her wedding.

Great job keeping the reader engaged!