The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 653 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
You had me guessing who Thomas was - father? brother? child? I love the letter to Thomas - and what hopeful ending. Too bad Greta waited so long to reach out. I hope Meg's life is changed and they stay in touch!
02/26/16
As a dog nut I thoroughly enjoyed this piece. We have a service dog who has become a bit of a local celebrity and she has gotten fan mail in the past, mainly from kids that our furry family member has visited at the children's hospital.

Going in to the second paragraph it took me a moment to understand who as speaking. I'm not a fan of over tagging dialogue, but it might have helped right there. Then, that may just be me.

Great read, on topic, and good close, leaving the reader pondering several things. Kudos.

03/02/16
This was a well written entry. I am happy that Thomas was able to connect two lonely people.
03/03/16
Congratulations on your 4th place EC award, Sherry. Your characters were well developed and believable.
I really enjoyed this piece. A little different.....took me a while to figure out who Thomas was but all in all, great story and well written. Congrats on 4th place!
Wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
03/16/16
A dog, a sweet elderly neighbor,and a lost soul soon to learn some good news, all the elements for a perfect tale.
Ah, the delightful tales I miss when I miss a week of the challenge. I trust you are continuing to contribute.