The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 749 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/12/15
Oh mamma mia, if this Millie would've been my daughter...!!! But I had a good laugh at her false bad news which showed, once again, your special sense of humor :) Wonderful writing, good wording, drawing me into the story from start to finish.
09/13/15
You had me on the edge of my seat wanting to know the bad news, and I believed it! What a relief to know the truth, although I don't think I would have calmed down so easily. Wonderful writing, you had my attention.
I love your sense of humor. I think the mom should have fainted and the dad maybe have had a heart attack though! It put things in perspective for me though. I just got off the phone with my 21-year-old daughter who had an interview with the Peace Corps today. Part of me wants to forbid her to join, but most of me is proud that she wants to help others. Hey at least she isn't marrying a convict, eh? :) Congratulations on ranking 13 overall! Happy Dance!
09/23/15
That was very mean of Millie. :) I found the detail and story line quite engaging and, of course, I enjoyed the brief visit to their wheat farm. Your title fits perfectly.