The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 995 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/23/15
Wow! Expertly written, off-the-charts clever writing! I think you covered every denomination. :) I had to laugh at the "demon-itations." Your final paragraphs still retains your pervasive humor yet brings home your message. This is great!
05/25/15
I loved the expression "spiritually homeless".It gives me something t think about.
The line about the Catholics is hard to follow - it needs to be the concept that is "virgin on the ridiculous" and only after re-reading it a couple of times did I understand that was what you were saying.
The final bit about the college being fictitious begins with "While...", then continues with "but while..."making it confusing.
Great article and fun to read!
05/27/15
What can I say that hasn't been said before in here and elsewhere?

Brilliant with truth wrapped up in a "fictious" college, bringing the topic home in a unique way.

Well done.

God bless~
05/27/15
What can I say that hasn't been said before in here and elsewhere?

Brilliant with truth wrapped up in a fictitious college, bringing the topic home in a unique way.

Well done.

God bless~
My hubby and I knew this was your perceptive and right-on-target tongue-in-cheek dissertation. Back in 2001 there were over 33,000 Christian denominations in this crazy world - each purporting to have The Answer.
It is a shame when the only unity a church body may have is agreement over the color of the carpeting . . .

Thanks for the memories!
05/28/15
Congratulations Noel, I knew this was going to be among the winners!

God bless~
05/28/15
Congratulations, my fine friend, on such a fine placing and EC on this very worthy entry! I am so proud and happy for you! Blessings~
05/29/15
Knowing ahead who the author was, I was ready for a fun read. I wasn't disappointed!Well done, Noel, in dealing with the reality of churchy disagreements in such a humorous way. A well deserved EC.
05/29/15
WOWEE! And to think I may have missed this masterpiece by being AWOL.

I am in total agreement with you all the way on this one.

Funny how your many Noelogisms read as smoothly as the English language to me, yet invariably, only on re-reading do I realise how clever they are. Your end notes summed up the message superbly. No wonder you placed so highly. Well deserved. Congratulations!
05/29/15
Congratulations!

This made me teary... both laughter tears (for your clever puns) and tears of sorrow, for the sad truth of it.