The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1005 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/10/15
Very thoughtful and impactful meditation. The passage from Isaiah is so full of promise and hope for the despairing. Depression affects so many lives these days.
04/10/15
Excellent use of the topic. This multi-layered entry although informative about the "term" depression, it offers hope in the "Word" as you bring forward a powerful scripture to tie it all into this well written piece.

Well done!

God bless you~
Very accurate description of depression. I know from experience also, even today. The struggle is real and it is everyday. Yes, I have become a master. When told I look so peaceful I always think really? If you only knew. Only God's Word calms the swirling darkness within. Well done. God Bless.
04/11/15
This powerful article gripped me. I'm among the rare minority who have not suffered this awful illness myself, but have had many friends who continue the battle even now. Like the other commenters, I am profoundly influenced by the words of hope found in the Scripture you shared. Truly, there is real hope for those who suffer this invisible affliction. May all of us become more sensitive to the depression in the clay. God will help us to be an encouragement to one another. Thank you for offering this thought-provoking article.
04/13/15
Thoughtful piece. I am sorry you have suffered with this. Thank God for His Word. Best of luck!