The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 824 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I don't think there is a group of people in this world who cannot relate in some way to this story, but perhaps you have to become a 'refugee' to understand this - or to suffer the loss of your home to an incomer who despises you. Only God can relieve the hurts and harms. Only God can bestow the healing faith, foundation of a life in Him. God bless you.
03/06/15
Thank you for sharing this story with us. It was intensely moving.

God bless~
Great story. The facts you relate are fascinating and I like the way you have dramatized it. It really brings to life the difficulties the Narrangansett people have faced. I was a bit unsure about when the story is set - on 2nd and 3rd read through, I'm thinking maybe just before the Second World War.
03/09/15
One of my friends teaches the Native families here in South Dakota. They just seem to struggle so much to make a life for themselves. She tries so hard to help them believe in Jesus.

The only red ink I saw is in the line -" Yet somehow - I knew it" I think you changed to first person.

Thanks for sharing. Blessings, LaVonne
Gripping, riveting and informative. The whole package delivered beautifully.
03/09/15
Clever characterisation of historical details and the raw emotions that the facts often sweep over. Well done.
Congratulations on ranking 12th overall! Happy Dance!