The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 835 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/15/15
I love this poem and its tale of the raging bull. Very well written, with humour, tension, rhythm and rhyme. Most enjoyable!
So real, I could see and hear the whole scene--perfect for the topic!
So real, I could see and hear the whole scene--perfect for the topic!
02/16/15
I love the rich imagery in this poem - Hot snot rained down when he snorted; a demented snake was his tail; like a tick on a dog I was claspin', and many more. I was right up that tree with you, only higher. You scared me to death! Great job. Envious of your talent.
Congratulations on ranking 10th in Masters and 15 overall! Happy Dance!
Oh my crazy goodness! This was fabulous. I was reading it silently to myself and kept getting the rhythm wrong at the end of the phrases, so I started reading it out loud with my cowboy 'accent' and wow! What a fabulous result! :-) I am all grins and completely enjoyed this. I have staffing meetings every Wednesday morning and usually read a quote or two. This coming Wednesday I will read a faaaaabulous poem/story with a cowboy accent, if I have your permission, ma'am! :-) Keep writing!

Joy Chastagner
02/20/15
This old farm girl loves everything about this, from your carefully chosen words, to the internal rhymes, and the whole scene. This is very, very good!