The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 894 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/16/14
Interesting read with heart, well done.

God bless~
11/19/14
Thank you for this guided tour through a part of Germany I haven't seen. Glad to hear of the old photo. Good job.
11/20/14
Congratulations!

God bless~
11/20/14
Congratulations on your placing for this evocative work. You've traced some of the scenic beauty but more importantly you've treated us to some of your private thoughts - which can be difficult to capture in words alone.
And if we have trouble catching up with our forebears, just imagine how much harder this must have been for poor Goldilocks - for she only had Three Bears!
11/20/14
Congratulations, Myrna. This is a lovely account of your visit to Gernsheim (hope I spelled it correctly!) with the added interest of your family connection. Very well written. It reminded me a bit of a TV show we have here in Australia, called 'Who do you think you are?' which shows people tracing their roots in often distant places. Always interesting.
11/21/14
I really enjoyed your detailed descriptions. Especially touching was your gift from the town historian.
Congratulations - I so enjoyed your vivid and interesting descriptions.