The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1610 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/06/14
Powerfully engrossing!
Well done, excellent piece of writing. And, the conclusion was brilliant.

God bless~
11/07/14
Brilliant and engrossing story telling. I had no idea where you were heading until the last paragraph. This is a winner in my books.
11/08/14
Totally credible. Having sat on planes with total strangers who have poured out all kinds of personal details, I know that you have nailed the scenario so clearly. Well done.
11/09/14
So poignant and very much spot on. This 'issue' is generally spoken of as "right or wrong" and the personal aspect with regards to the parents don't rate a mention. This certainly conveys the pain and grieving process that many parents would go through. Truly well done. Blessings, Helen.
11/10/14
This is written with great compassion, sensitivity and realism. It's also very engaging. You've done a great job.
This is beautifully written. As always, the details help define the story. I liked the foreshadowing, and I loved the empathy revealed without explanations needed.
11/11/14
Wow. Great writing. I loved the way you bought a contentious issue back to reality. These are real people with struggling parents. I relate. Thanks.
Beautiful writing. Gut-wrenching emotions. Well done. I'll be thinking about this one for a while.
11/13/14
Masterful! This is Exhibit A for developing writers who want to know the difference between "show" or "tell." it was also a "lesson" for me on how to stretch the rules of grammar. :-) Truly, storytelling at its best and rightfully #1.
11/13/14
Congrats Anne!
God bless~
11/13/14
Congratulations on your well-deserved win, Ann.
Great work, and great consistency on your part, as high rankings seems to have become a habit with you.
11/13/14
Oh my, Anne. I didn't see this first time around. You have a way of saying it simply, but profoundly. There are so many things the reader can pick up on without having them blatantly stated. A very well deserved win.Congratulations!
11/13/14
Congratulations. This piece was my favourite. Well done
Congratulations on your win. I was totally engrossed in this from the first word to the last.A very worthy winner.