The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1022 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/29/14
I like how your story captured the theme of lock and key. I felt the husband's frustration through your writing and I wanted so much to help him find his voice! I also really enjoyed the portrayal of the wife loving him to the point of anticipating his needs without him asking. Would love to know what was wrong with him and if he ever gets cured! You definitely left me wishing you could exceed the 750 word limit!
08/29/14
You crafted a "love story" that was palpable. You illustrated their special bond in a masterful way.

The thoughts between a husband and wife, when in a solid relationship is a form of communication for sure, as you so cleverly depicted.

Great job.

God bless~
Your story is the definition of love in a marriage.
Not your usual humorous style, but the drama is intense. Thank your wife for me - for loving you!
You kept the suspense building and wrapped it up with a satisfying finish. Well done.
This is one of my favorites of your writing I have read AND of this challenge as well. It really touched me--not because I can't talk, but because my husband and I understand each other as your characters did. I love the tenderness in the story.
09/02/14
Oh you dear man. Tears are streaming and refreshing my heavy spirit.
Brilliant portrayal of love.
Wonderful story. Well written.

To have a person who knows you well enough to anticipate your needs and thoughts...

Irregardless, I have a new word to use :)

I loved how you so beautifully and simply captured the bond between husband and wife. A lovely and moving story.
09/04/14
Joe,

Fabulous love story and magnificent writing in this beautifully inpsiring and moving piece.

God Bless~
09/04/14
Oops! So involved with writing again about this fabulous piece, I forgot the reason for coming by again...to say

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S

for a job well done and a magnificent piece of writing!

Great job.

God bless~
09/04/14
Wonderful, captivating and heart-warming story. After I'd tried to diagnose your MC's malady - stroke, severe panic disorder, neuro trauma, I began to see that it was about much more than that. It was the special bond between husband and wife and you depicted it perfectly.

A huge congratulations on your well deserved placing.
09/04/14
Congratulations! Very well done.
Congratulations, Joe! I'm glad that it was a favorite of the judges, along with me!
'
09/04/14
Congrats on your placement.
09/05/14
What a beautiful portrayal of how love is! You did a wonderful job, Joe. Congratulations and God bless.