The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1732 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/08/14
Thank you for this deeply touching piece. The MC is to be admired for her commitment to job and people. A bit of confusion over fiction v nonfiction. Glad you noted it was nonfiction, so we can assume it is a true story, which makes it all the more precious. A lovely tribute to the MC. Nice work.
08/08/14
Lee was an incredible soul...undaunted by her limitations, she worked through them and sustained more than the average healthy individual.

Lovely homage to your sister, beautiful job of bringing her special character to life.

Well done.

God bless~
08/08/14
What a beautiful and touching story! The exquisite details really brought me into the story. I felt like I was with Lee as she looks upon the tiny mismatched socks. This was a well-wrought glimpse into the life of someone with a true servant's heart.
I fell in love with your MC's determination. I live with pain every second and immediately related to her. She is an inspiration to me and I'm sure to others as well.
08/12/14
Beautiful. Thank you.
What a gamut of emotions this brings. You write with your heart - the true mark of a writer, I believe. Beautiful.
08/13/14
I took each labored step with Lee.

Your story is a wonderful teaching tool for descriptive writing. One I will learn from.

Wonderful job.

Inspirational!



08/13/14
Your MC's attitude inspired me and then on learning it was based upon a real person I was wowed.
Poignant and profound piece of writing.
What a sad and touching story! The emotions were beautifully crafted.
08/13/14
Oh I wish I were reading a novel here! It ended way too soon. Such brilliant lines. I'm marking this one to come back to. I want to pick up some pointers.
Congratulations Happy Dance!
08/14/14
I love your MC. Such an inspiration. A well written story with a ring of authenticity. Congratulations on your EC win.
08/14/14
Congrats! I loved this story, and I'm thrilled that I was in the midsrt of a crowd of fans. Happy dance with flowers and chocolates in hand.
Well deserved!
Hugs! Congratulations!
08/15/14
Congrats! So happy for you Pam, and I;m sure your sister is smiling from above too!

God bless~