The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1587 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/24/14
Oh, I love this! It has such feeling and such connection with the writing instruments.
07/25/14
You have summed up what all writers feel in such creative and heartfelt words and phrases. I bet you won't be weeping when the judging is done.
07/25/14
This connects well with the every poet's heart. The content is reminiscent of one of my very early poems. Yet you captured the feeling much better than I did. Blessings!
07/26/14
Hauntingly beautifuL!

God bless~
07/26/14
Very haunting with a message we all well know. this touches the heart of many a writer.

Blessings.
mystically magical!
07/26/14
This had the feel of something much older, a style long in the past that not many can capture nowadays. Your wordsmithing was marvelous, but it was the cadence that held me spellbound.

Excellent work!
07/26/14
Oh, my goodness. I don't think I have ever read a more beautiful free verse. It speaks volumes. I love the last line. "The paper, it will remember"

I think we have a winner!
07/26/14
Beautiful use of the language. Yes, I can only admire the flow. It's a meditative piece and I think it's very well done.
God bless you.
07/26/14
You painted a vivid picture of a tortured soul seeking to express heartfelt profundities.

Amazingly lovely for all of its tragedy.
Gorgeous poetry--every word placed perfectly with phrases I could never even imagine leaping out to grab me with their beauty.
07/26/14
I can really relate to this poem as most writers can, I'm sure. Very nice work.
07/27/14
What a lovely and touching expression of the writer's experience. There are so many beautiful images and turns of phrase that I can't really pick any out to praise above the rest. It rings so true for poets and, no doubt, for the writers of prose as well. Very well done!
Wonderful poem!

I definitely identify with the 'thought that drifts just beyond my reach.'
07/27/14
Exquisite! There's nothing else I can say that hasn't already been said. A poem straight from a writer's heart.
How all writer's feel summed up beautifully in a short but powerful poem. Great job with this one!
Exquisite. I bet it is actually non-fiction. This reads with my heart beats with you . . .
07/31/14
Jim, Jim, Jim! Your writing always touches my heart and soul. This is excellent. Congratulations!
Really beautiful Jim. I so identify! Many congratulations on a very well deserved win.
07/31/14
Oooh, breathtakingly beautiful. What more can I say? A well deserved 1st place. Congratulations!
Congratulations on sitting atop the heap of EC's, Jim. This is gorgeous. I love all your poetry!
Beautiful!! Congratulations on your win!
08/01/14
Yay! So pleased for you.
08/04/14
Well done Jim. Beautiful poem and a worthy winner.