The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 930 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/30/14
Really unique and creative approach. I loved this!

Great job!

God bless~
Female domestic violence at such an early age! :)
Good story. Right at the beginning I thought it was going to be a little dry but I was pleasantly surprised.
It's a good point that we are not always a good friend to those who do the most for us. Also, forcing someone to say they are your friend doesn't tend to work out very well!
06/01/14
I do everything for him, even though he ignores me. Sounds like our Savior to me. God is always there for us, even when we ignore him.

Great story with a great message.

Very good writing here.
Hysterical, charming and heart-huggable . . .
06/01/14
I really enjoyed this story remembering my teaching days and Sunday school moments, it really kept my attention. Creative and well done.
06/01/14
This is labeled 'fiction'... but I wonder.

Out of the mouths of babes seems to fit the story quite well. Some truths came out of these two.

Blessings.
06/02/14
The voice is great. I sensed a laid back conversational style, as if you were a close friend telling me about your day.

Those VBS experiences make for many good memories for the adults as well as the kids. I've been both where VBS is concerned.

My attention was held well, as I never knew which way you were headed and the end was quite unexpected—but good.

This should do well. Blessings!
06/02/14
This reawakened so many memories of kids' ministry on beach missions and other similar outreaches to VBS. Loved the self-deprecation that seeped through - though it's a bit tough when you want ideas and all you get are lightbulbs!!!;-)
06/05/14
Congrats on Molly! A great story and approach to the topic. A very well deserved win!
06/05/14
VBS....what memories! I loved the whole story start to finish, especially Molly and Andrew! Adorable. Congratulations, Joe!
06/06/14
This was fresh, thought provoking and had an unexpected twist. You took what could have been cliche' and made it just the opposite. Congratulations!
Congratulations. This was lovely in its gentleness. Well written and real.
06/13/14
You made me appreciate the VBS teams around the country with your entertaining tale.

Very creative way to close in on the topic. Well done.